Blog post text not showing on page with all blogs

Hi, It appears that if I use the Pro builder to edit a blog post instead of the wordpress editor, the test does not show up on the page with all the blogs. Only the featured image and the title do. Is there a way for this to work or will I be forced to use the regular wordpress text box. I would prefer not to do this because of the limitations of how the page will look and to not be able to use the elements to make it happen.

The link to my website is: http://staging.tlvbiblesociety.org/articles/

You will notice it has one blog post done with the wordpress editor and one done with the pro editor.

Is there a way to fix this?

Hi There @jgreenberg

Thanks for writing in! Basically you can use the builder to create posts. Could you please try disabling your 3rd party plugins and test for a plugin conflict first.

Also make sure that you have enabled posts under Pro settings.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with the login credentials in a secure note to check your issue.

Thanks!

Yes, Exactly. I have used the builder to create the post. The only problem is that the text on that page is not pulled over to the page that has all posts. I do have the settings right. I have not checked for a plugin conflict yet.

Hello @jgreenberg,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Actually excerpt won’t show in blog index page as they are wrapped in shortcodes. If you would like to display excerpts in blog index page then you need to add them manually by editing the post in WordPress editor.

To help you do that I have recorded a screencast, please take a look. https://cl.ly/2d1H0p1G1l2j

Thanks.

Thank You So much! That totally worked. I had a feeling it was something simple like that! Is there a way for there to be a “Read More” link at the bottom? Wordpress says you have to add it to the excerpt but when I did, it made the tag the link instead of a brand new one pointing to the blog too.

Hello There,

To make sure that there is a read more button after every excerpt, because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Custom Excerpt More String
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_excerpt_string' ) ) :
  function x_excerpt_string( $more ) {

$stack = x_get_stack();

if ( $stack == 'integrity' ) {
      return '';
    } else if ( $stack == 'renew' ) {
      return ' ... <a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'Read More', '__x__' ) . '</a>';
    } else if ( $stack == 'icon' ) {
      return ' ...';
    } else if ( $stack == 'ethos' ) {
      return ' ...';
    }

}
  add_filter( 'excerpt_more', 'x_excerpt_string' );
endif;

function add_custom_readmore(){
	echo '<div><a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'Read More', '__x__' ) . '</a></div>';
}
add_action('x_before_the_excerpt_end', 'add_custom_readmore');

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

This makes sense to me but I am just a bit concerned using a child theme. I have never used one before and don’t want to have to start over or find out it will cause other issues.

Hi there,

There should not be any issue using the child theme and it is a best practice to have the child theme installed and activated when you start building the sites just in case you will need to add some customizations like this.

If you are unsure, you may setup a staging site which is a duplicate of your current site then install and activate the child theme from there to make sure everything works fine before making the changes on the live site.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.