Blog post side bar no responsive

Hi there, can you check this out on a mobile, or tablet please.

The side bar doesnt act like it does on the blog index page, ie it disappears there, here, it cuts right into the content, how can I make this responsive?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! I checked your site and I see the content is being served by the cache, this could be just a cache issue. I also noticed you’re using lazy loader on that page which could be conflicting with the theme. I’d suggest you to please test for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

Let us know how this goes!.

Everything is up to date, I do not use out of the ordinary plugins, but I disabled them all, flushed all caches, took out all custom css and java, and retested, same thing.

I have given you login in a secure note, so you can go in and have a look.

Thanks.

Hi,

I checked in mobile and this is how it looks on my end.

May I know what mobile device you are using.

Thanks

It seams to have fixed itself, I did all you asked, and its working. Thanks.

Glad to hear it’s working fine now.

Sorry, my mistake, that post was set to full width…the issue still remains, can you login and have a look please?

Hi @logoglo,

Would you mind clarifying the issue again? What I’m seeing in your screenshot is about the sidebar and @paul.r screenshots show that there is no sidebar. Then I checked it too and there is sidebar too. Which you said it fixed itself, do you mean you can still see the sidebar on your end? I’ve been reloading on my mobile and there is no sidebar.

Thanks!

Check the other posts. The one post I thought was fixed, but its just because I changed it to full width.

Hi @logoglo

Yes, I can reproduce this issue with this post for example:

I’ve tried to log in your site to investigate this issue closer, so I tried:
/wp-admin/ and /wp-login.php and both didn’t work well.

So, could you please send us the login URL?

Thanks.

Yes, sorry, see secure note.

Hello There,

I have inspected the page and I found out that you have inserted an invalid html code.

There are still invalid html and unclosed tag which may have caused the issue. I cannot pinpoint the exact location since WP Rocket is enabled. Please deactivate WP Rocket first and we can do another round of test. By the way, please make sure that you have inserted the correct html in all your pages and in your widgets. Any of the unclosed tag tags could be the potential reason why you are having this issues. I am also suspecting that one of your plugins is generating an code invalid code. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

That must have been it, I purged all caches, and it seams to be fine now, can you double check please. Thanks for your help on this.

Hi @logoglo

I have tested your issue and it seems to be resolved now when checking.

Thanks!

This is very strange, when im logged in, it looks fine, when I log out, its broken, please can you look into this?

Hi again,

I did some deep testing and found out wp-rocket plugin was the causing all the trouble and I believe it was the lazy loading feature which was conflicting with the theme. For now I have deactivated the WP-Rocket plugin and this has fixed the issue, you can check it’s settings and try turning off the lazy loading feature.

Cheers!

Fixed, I have lazy load, but disable it for iframes, seams to be working now.

Hi again.

You should also checkout https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/278-common-issues-with-lazyload we’re glad all is working now.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.