Blog post index image size

Hello -

I have some changes I’d like to make to my X theme (Ethos) website and hope you can help me. Please find below my questions:

1- Currently the size of the images on my blog index page depend on the length of the title of the blog post (setting = make featured images of this post fullwidth on the blog index page). Can I change this so that all the images on my blog index page are the same size? Of course I do however want to keep the responsive design function.

2- On the page of a specific post, there currently is no space between the navigation bar and the image in the post. Can I create more empty/void space between the image/post and the navigation bar?

3- Can I add an image above the navigation bar on certain pages too?

Lots of questions, hope you can help.

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

Regards,
F

Hello Ferdy,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) With the help of a custom css, you can set a minimum heigh so that the image will be uniform in sizes. please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.blog .x-main .hentry .entry-thumb.featured, 
.search .x-main .hentry .entry-thumb.featured, 
.archive .x-main .hentry .entry-thumb.featured{
    min-height: 320px;
}

2.) You can add some space above by adding this custom css:

.page .x-main.full .hentry .entry-featured, 
.single-post .x-main.full .hentry .entry-featured {
    margin-top: 35px;
}

3.) You can add a slider with your images above the navigation bar in specific pages. Simply check out this documentation on how you can integrate it:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.