Blog post featured images have disappeared

Hello. My blog post featured images have disappeared again. This has happened once before, and then mysteriously reappeared. I just published another post yesterday, and coincidentally, the images are gone again.

Here’s my site.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there,

There is this code on your site that is hiding the featured images on blog:

.entry-thumb img {
    display: none;
}

Kindly check the custom CSS in your theme options are remove this code.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your reply, Jade.

I’m looking in my custom CSS in the theme options, and I can’t find that code. Where else should I be looking?

Thanks!

Hi Amanda,

Please try to check the style.css of the child theme.

In case you as not able to find the code, please try this code in the Theme Options:

.blog .entry-thumb img {
    display: block;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Jade. There’s nothing in the style.css of the child theme. However, I added that code, and it did the trick.

Thank you! Have a great day.

Hi again.

I realized that my blog post featured images have also disappeared and did not reappear with that code. Do you have any additional code to replace the featured image on the post pages?

Thank you.

Very odd. The image is only missing for this one post, but is visible on all other posts. Any insights?

Hi @amandaleerm,

It’s because of this custom CSS,

.entry-thumb img {
    display: none;
} 

Please remove it, it’s added on your cornerstone CSS which is why it’s only affecting that specific post.

Thanks!

Rad,

Wouldn’t it affect all posts if it were there? Also, I’m not finding where that code was added to the custom CSS. Is there some place besides Theme Options >> CSS?

Thanks.

It seems like I found a somewhat similar issue in this post.

The Cornerstone Custom Page CSS is overriding Global CSS.

Where do I modify the Cornerstone Custom Page CSS?

Hey @amandaleerm,

It’s in your page. Edit your page in Cornerstone and go to the Content CSS in the side panel.

See https://youtu.be/jaH0ak6_YjQ

Thanks.

That code is not added there. I’ve checked multiple times already.

Also, you cannot edit the post page in Cornerstone. I’m confused why this is just affecting this one post. The CSS that I enter in the Global CSS is not overriding the cornerstone-custom-page-css that I cannot find the origin of. Please explain further.

In that case, please give us WP admin and cPanel access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup. Only then could we give an explanation.

Thanks.

Okay.

WP Access
Admin Panel: https://bareshoereview.com/wp-admin/
Username: See secure note
PW: See secure note

I use Cloudways and do not have a CPanel. Is there something else to give access to?

Hi There,

I couldn’t find the code in your page, however I have added the following code into your Theme Options > Global CSS area to resolve this issue.

.single-post .entry-thumb img {
    display: block;
}

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much! Looks great. I wonder what the deal is with the mystery code for that one post. Oh well. Thank you again.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.