Blog page not populating

Hi there,

We are having an issue with our blog page not populating. It has always worked without any problems. I’ve tried reassigning the page, and making sure all updates are complete. We’ve tried disabling the child theme, and it seems to work then. But we need the child theme enabled :slight_smile:

Here are some console errors we have found:

I am not too sure what it means. We think “its either conflicting versions of jquery
or that a dependency script is not being loaded early enough”

Please let me know how we can fix this issue. Thank you!

Link: https://coastmountainroof.com/blog/

Hey,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– WordPress Admin username / password
– FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Hi, any updates on this?

Hi There,

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Hope it helps.

Hi there,

I’ve tried disabling and plugins and still nothing has worked

There is an error in the console that says ‘smart resize is not a function’
Is this the script that would load the blog post, if so could you please provide a fix?

Thank you

Hi there,

Please kindly go to X > Launch > Options > JS and make sure that you remove any script that you have added there, my guess is that the problem is caused by the script added there.

To investigate further please kindly use the Secure Note functionality of the post to give us the URL User Pass of your website, it seems that you’ve just sent a private message to one of our colleagues which is not the way to give us your login credentials as we do not have access to that private message.

For more information regarding the secure note functionality please kindly read the article below:

The problem is surely a conflict between a script and default functionality of the theme.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I tried taking out the added scripts and this did not work. Could you take a look?

Hi There,

Unfortunately, when I tried to login via wordpress admin, I got the following error:

Hi,

You should be able to get in now

Hi there,

It seems that you gave us the FTP credentials. That will help if needed later but at the moment we just need to access the Wordpress Dashboard.

Would you please kindly give us the information below using the Secure Note?

Wordpress Dashboard URL
Wordpress Dashboard USER
Wordpress Dashboard PASS

We are going to try the options below:

• Disable all 3rd party plugins to see if it fixes the problem
  • Check the scripts added in the options of the theme to see any conflict
  • Revert back to parent theme instead of the Child Theme to see if the problem is from there

Thank you.