Blog Page keeps reverting to old page

Hi Guys -

I have created a new blog page where I am using the Grid to display the blogs in a masonry style however everytime I update the menu and settings in WP to use this new blog page as my BLOG it reverts to the old page.

I can’t figure out what I am missing.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your new blog page and it’s status is set to Draft, first you’ll need to publish the page so the page can be added in the navigation menu then go to Appearance > Menus and remove the old Blog page from your main menu and add the new Blog page in your menu. Don’t forget to save the menu.

This should solve the issue. Since you’ve created a custom blog page so you can’t set it as a blog page via Settings > Reading section because WordPress uses a special template to display your posts and the content in your page will be ignored. Please see the section that says Create a Blog Page here https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I guess the only bit I was doing wrong was that after creating the new blog page and assigning it in the Menu I was also assigning the new blog page in the WP Settings > Reading section. Ofcourse this meant it kept kicking out the new page.

All fixed now! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hey…

A question on the back of this; I am trying to add breadcrumbs to the blog posts and noticed that the trail states the blogs post is categorised to my old blog page which I have now renamed and set as a draft page.

How do I change this as obviously I am using the new My Blog page for Blogs.

Thanks.

Hi @iDigitalise,

It should still the same, you should re-assign your new blog page in Settings > Reading section. Else, it will still gonna use the old blog page even if it’s on draft status.

Thanks!

Hi Rad -

I am not sure I understand, I tried assigning the new blog page to the Settings > Reading section and it created the same problem again. It re-writes my page from the Grid I added to the regular WP Blog posts.

You can check on the site now as the new blog page is live, I manually corrected the Menu as you mentioned earlier. (Without adding it into the settings.

Thx

Hello Sanjay,

I have just checked your site and the Blog_old page is still set as your post page.

Please go to WP Admin > Settings > Reading then set the new blog page as the Post Page.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.