Blog Page Issues

Hi there,

I’ve added a blog page of which currently I have 4 posts. However, on opening the blog page, only one post is shown.
Then when using the category filter the same posts are repeated…

How can I display all the posts (or as many as I’ve set in the wordpress settings) then only show a post a single time.

thanks in advance.

graham

Hi Graham,

I checked and can see you have incompatible version of the theme and cornerstone.

Please update cornerstone to latest version.

The latest version numbers as of this time are.

X 6.4.6, Cornerstone 3.4.6

Thanks

Hi,

i have updated the theme and cornerstone plugin, however the display on the blog page is still not right.
It’s still only displaying 1 recent post, and then duplicates it (and others) when selecting show all on the filter menu.

Is there another setting somewhere i can’t find.

Cheers

I can see now that it only seems to be displaying posts from 2019, is that something I can amend please.

Hi Graham,

I have checked your site assigned to this Themeco license, however I could not find the blog page. However on the search results, I see that your blog posts are appearing (see secure note).

Head over to Settings -> General section and make sure that you have correctly setup your Blog page (see posts page in the screenshot below). Also you can set default number of posts to appear on your Blog page (see Blog pages show at most in the screenshot below)

Then head over to Settings -> Permalinks section and regenerate your .htaccess file. You can select the option postname and save the changes to reset your permalink settings.

If you’re still having issues, I would then suggest you to disable all of your 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone plugin and see if your plugins causing this issue. If the issue is resolved, you can then activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.

Also I see that you have an active child theme. To see whether your issue is related to your child theme customizations, you can disable your child theme temporarily by activating your parent theme and test your issue further.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to investigate it further.

Thanks!

Thanks again for the reply.

I’ve deactivated all the plugins apart from cornerstone - even deactivated cornerstone and still had no joy.
I can see that you can search for posts, and they appear in the search, but they are not showing correctly on the page set as the blog/news/posts page.

On our home page, you can see that half way down I have a section of our recent posts… these - when using the classic - recent posts… this works great. But when using wordpress and setting a page as the ‘posts page’, it seems fine and displays a post perfectly, however, it’s only displaying a single post posted in 2019… if i change that post to draft… the page still only displays a single post.

When using the ‘filter’ and selecting ‘all’ it does display all posts but repeats them somehow and still isn’t right.

If you could take a look please… also letting me know if I’ve done anything incorrectly here, and/or what the solutions is.

thanks
gra

Hey Graham,

It is because of how the Ethos Index Filter works. It will first show posts under the first category which is Article for your case.

You only have 1 post under the said article.

You can proceed with either of the methods listed below. But, the second one require custom code which is not a part of our support. It would need be supported in case it causes trouble and we can’t enhance it for specific needs.

1. Disable Filterable Index in Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options to show all of the recent posts. The number of post shown is taken from Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most.

2. Add this code in Theme Options > JS. That will programatically click the “All” link after the page loads showing all the posts under the listed categories.

jQuery(function($) {
	$('[data-category-id="0"]').trigger('click');
});

In case you want to remove the “See All Posts” button, you can add this code in Theme Options > CSS.

.x-btn-filterable {
    display: none !important;
}

Hope that helps.

HI,

Again, thanks!!!.. this has cleared it up.

I’ve got all the posts displayed - removing the filter worked.
I tried the Changing the stack, and I really like the icon layout for the blog, but nothing else.

Is there a way of using the icon stack for just the blog layout but leave the rest of th site on it’s own?

thanks

Hey There,

That is technically possible. However, that would fall beyond the scope of our support since it would require custom development. You need to contact a 3rd party developer to help you with this.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.