Blog page and Conditional menu

Hello! So here is our website: https://www.ellistra.com/en/home/.

It has several pages already but we would also like to create a blog. Considering that we plan to post infrequently (maybe once a week), would you recommend to create these posts on Cornerstone as normal pages or to use the ‘posts’ option of the theme? How does the result of this option look like? And how to use it?

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Have a nice evening

Hello @nelliegarcia,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Certainly, you can use Cornerstone to design and share blog posts. Actually, it will be fairly easy for you to share content as Cornerstone has all the tools in shape of elements that you can use. To get started with Cornerstone, please take a look at our KB resources and scroll to Cornerstone / Content Builder section:

Thanks.

Hello @Prasant! Thanks for your answer. I know quite well how Cornerstone works now as I’ve used it for building the whole website :slight_smile: However, I have another question: would it be possible to have a new menu for the blog with the different categories and if yes, how? I would like to have something similar to the Headspace’s blog: https://www.headspace.com/blog/. And it would be perfect if this blog menu could actually replace the website’s main menu, just for the blog page.

Hello @nelliegarcia,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

In X Theme it’s a bit difficult to have page specific Navigation Menu items i.e complete different menu for Blog page then rest of the site. However, using some custom development work or using plugins you can achieve the changes you are looking for. Please take a look at following plugin and a tutorial for the same.

Thanks.

1 Like

Oh great! This has been so useful. Thank you so much for your reactivity and good advices :slight_smile:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile: If you have new questions, please create a new ticket to avoid any confusion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve updated the thread to ‘Blog page - Conditional menu

Hello @nelliegarcia,

Thanks and you are most welcome. :slight_smile: Actually what I mean was to create a new ticket should you have any queries that’s not related with this ticket. Usually when we get complete different questions that’s not related with the original ticket, it might create confusion which slows down the response time.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.