Blog page acting strange

Hello!

So I have the Blog page, but for some reason it is posting every other page on there and I have no idea how to change that, I also wanted to set it up as Archive but for some reason there is not an option to do so on there. I am not sure what to do or how to edit this page at all, I cannot use Cornerstone to edit it and when I open the page in Worpress Dashboard it has no useful options to change anything.

Please let me know what I can do

Hi Yana,

Thanks for writing in! Normally the blog index and archive pages will display post items in chronological order. Normal pages will not be displayed in the blog index. It your site, the page were displayed. Have you made or added any custom query functions to your index.php? This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If nothing is helping, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hello!

Thank you so much.

It is very strange but once I have deactivated all plugins the page started looking just fine. But when I activated them again it continued acting properly.

So I cannot be sure what the issue really was but it is all good now.

I really appreciate the time you took to help me,
Thank you!

Hi Yana,

It was probably the site cache that needed to be cleared. Glad to hear it’s working now.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.