Blog not loading

Our blog - http://jobs.weare.guru/blog/ is not loading. It is currently set as masonary however when changed to standard it loads fine. Any help appreciated…

Hi There,

Would mind adding this in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site.

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Here you have a video tutorial in any case:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Good try… but no biscuit :frowning:

Any other ideas?

Hi there,

Please kindly check for 3rd party plugins conflict. It might be something related to the Javascript errors that 3rd party plugins may cause. Kindly turn off every third party plugins that you use and see if it fixes the problem.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the Wordpress dashboard login credentials using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher.

All plugins except the theme itself were deactivated and the problem has continued. It has also started on our other site http://weare.guru which uses different plugins to those used on the http://jobs.weare.guru.

Hi There,

You need to properly migrate your site to one sub-domain. I see the below variations (refer to the secure note below).

Thanks!

Why?. This issue has no bearing on the domain.

As already pointed out in the post the issue is happening with seperate wordpress and X installs across multipule sites regardles of the domain configuaration. The reason I have given you admin access to that particular domain is because it is not a production install and is used for testing.

I want you to find the issue so you can tell us how to fix it. Then we will fix it on all the live sites exactly at point we feel most appropriate.

Hi there @Guru,

Thanks for writing back, I’ve checked your beta website and found that there are multiple jQuery errors (please see the attached image).

I’ve checked and it’s most likely going to be a conflict with an isotope script in another plugin being used. Please do the following:

1. Access your site via FTP and navigate to your wp-content/plugins folder
  2. Move all plugins apart from Cornerstone from your /plugins folder into a new folder called “plugins-off”.
  3. Refresh your site cache and visit the blog and check if it’s working. Do Not visit the wp-admin as plugins will run deactivation scripts.
  4. If the blog is working. Move plugins back to the /wp-content/plugins folder and re-run step 3 until the site breaks again.

If the above doesn’t work. Please try removing any custom code from the customizer, child themes or any other custom functions added including JS, PHP and CSS.

Thank you!

Hi Jack

Thank you for your suggestions however none of it worked.

This worked previously and no amendments have been made to customisations in tthe js, php or css since. The only undates that have taken place have been plugins (which I disabled using your instructions above) with the exception of cornerstone and the theme itself. I believe (but can’t be 100% certain) this occured when they where last updated.

More suggestions appreciated.

Regs

Hello Regs,

Sorry for the confusion. To best resolve this issue, since you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_SCRIPT-ISOTOPE-INDEX.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Isotope script call for index output.
// =============================================================================

$is_rtl = is_rtl();

?>

<script>

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

<?php if ( $is_rtl ) : ?>

$.xIsotope.prototype._positionAbs = function( x, y ) {
        return { right: x, top: y };
      };

<?php endif; ?>

var $container = $('#x-iso-container');

$container.before('<span id="x-isotope-loading"><span>');

$(window).load(function() {
      $container.xIsotope({
        itemSelector   : '.x-iso-container > .hentry',
        resizable      : true,
        filter         : '*',
        <?php if ( $is_rtl ) : ?>
          transformsEnabled : false,
        <?php endif; ?>
        containerStyle : {
          overflow : 'hidden',
          position : 'relative'
        }
      });
      $('#x-isotope-loading').stop(true,true).fadeOut(300);
      $('#x-iso-container > .hentry').each(function(i) {
        $(this).delay(i * 150).animate({'opacity' : 1}, 500);
      });
    });

$(window).xsmartresize(function() {
      $container.xIsotope({  });
    });

});

</script>

3] Save the file named as _script-isotope-index.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/

Please let us know if this works out for you.

1 Like

Thanks Rue Nel. Worked a treat - all fixed.

:smile:

Glad it worked.

Cheers!

I’m having the same issue with Pro and the solution is not working

Hi,

This thread is quite old and you might have a different version of the theme.

Please create a new topic and provide us your site url so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Hello @rafalkukla,

In case you are having similar problem, please create a new ticket to avoid any confusion and slow response time.

Thanks.