Blog doesn't show correct excerpt

Hi,
On the blog page where all my post are shown I adjusted it so that it just shows an excerpt of the post instead the full post. But somtimes it shows the wrong excerpt of a post. Mostly it is just of one post which the wrong excerpt is shown. With wrong excerpt I mean it shows the excerpt of another post not the actual post.
If you go on http://asiatischfooden.ch/blog/ you can see that 2 posts has the same excerpt
I don’t know how this can be. Hope you can help me.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please adit both the post and check the excerpt section if there is duplicate content added due to some reason.

If that doesn’t help Please send us your login details to check what could be the issue.
Please post the details in a secure note.

Thanks

In the excerpt section I didn’t put anything in. There where I customize things I setted the excerpt length to be 100. I think I didn’t do more than that

Hi There,

Upon testing, I can confirm the issue. I have tried disabling your 3rd party plugins and also tried switching to your parent theme to see if there’s any customization in child theme cause this issue but I could not isolate this issue.

Could you please try updating your X theme manually using the following guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62), so that it will fix any missing or corrupted theme files. Also you can delete your Cornerstone plugin and then head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version automatically and re-test this issue again.

If you’re still experiencing issues, please provide us with your FTP credentials to investigate this issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Do I just have to do the same procedure as when i first installed X-Theme?
But if I delete X or Cornerstone won’t everything I worked on vanish?
Do I have to delete X and X-child?

Hello @Vay,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. Can you please elaborate the first question? I am a but confused.
  2. No, deleting X and Cornerstone won’t remove the work you have done.
  3. There is no need to delete X-Child.

Thanks.

To the 1.): Do i just have delete and download the x theme anew and upload it? Like when I just have bought the theme?

Hi There,

You can download the latest version of X theme from your Envato account, unzip x.zip file and upload it to your server by connecting through your FTP (/wp-content/themes/). So that it will replace any of the outdated, missing or corrupted files.

The other option would be switch to a default WordPress theme, delete X theme and install x.zip file through Appearance -> Themes section.

Hope that’s clear.

I did it like you said. No changes.

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!
I figure out the issue, there is no issue with the Theme or plugin the issue is with the content.
I imported the same content to my local system and the issue is there in my local also.

So Please delete all of your content ( there posts) and rebuild it. Before that just take a backup.

Hope this fixes your issue.

Thanks

I rebuilt everthing again and it works now.
Thanks for the help

Glad it works :slight_smile:

Hi it’s me again
I just made another post and the problem is here again. But just one post (the post Asian Food Festival) is showing the wrong excerpt.
Really don’t know what I did wrong again :disappointed_relieved:
…Is now the only solution to write for each post a manual excerpt or maybe you have another solution?

Hi There,

This shouldn’t happen really! we are not sure why this happening.
Please add the excerpt manually to fix the issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.