Blog Author Box & Share This Post order

Hello,

I am using the code below to display the Blog Author Box & Share This at the bottom of my posting.

I want to reverse the order so that the Share This is on top and the Author Box is on the bottom.

Thanks for the help,

Micah

Sample Post

// ADD SHARE THIS TO THE BLOG POSTINGS
// =============================================================================
add_action(‘x_after_the_content_end’, function() {
echo do_shortcode(’[share title=“Share this Post” facebook=“true” twitter=“true” google_plus=“true” linkedin=“true” pinterest=“true” reddit=“true” email=“true”]’);
});

// Author Field below the post content - Single page only.
// =============================================================================

add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘custom_author_code’);

function custom_author_code($content) {
if ( is_single() ) {
return $content . do_shortcode(’[author title=“About the Author”]’);
} else {
return $content;
}
}

Hi there,

I checked your website and changed the code to:

// ADD SHARE THIS TO THE BLOG POSTINGS
// =============================================================================
add_action('the_content', function() {
  echo do_shortcode('[share title="Share this Page" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]');
});


// Author Field below the post content - Single page only.
// =============================================================================
 
add_filter( 'the_content', 'custom_author_code');
 
function custom_author_code($content) {
   if ( is_single() ) {
      return $content . do_shortcode('[author title="About the Author"]');
   } else {
      return $content;
   }
}

Now you have the share at the top and the Author box at the bottom.

Thank you.

Hello,

Upon checking the website, the new code seems to have broken it. All Cornerstone content is not displaying.

I reverted the code so that we can continue working on the site.

I attached a screenshot of what we are seeing.

Also, I want to keep both the share this and author box below the post content, I just want to reverse the order.

Thanks,

Micah

Hi there,

Sorry my bad the code was not correct, please change the code to this:

// Author Field below the post content - Single page only.
// =============================================================================

add_filter( 'the_content', 'custom_author_code');
 
function custom_author_code($content) {
   if ( is_single() ) {
      return $content . do_shortcode('[share title="Share this Page" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]') . do_shortcode('[author title="About the Author"]');
   } else {
      return $content;
   }
}

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.