Blog and Portfolio Pages Error Messages

The below two pages are not editable for some reason. When I go into Blog for example to change “Le Blog” to “News” or something, I open it in Cornerstone and then try to click on things to edit like normal and nothing happens, the sidebar is really small two and when I click on those things it comes up with an error: “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading” What does this mean?

When I go to the portfolio page it comes up with an error that says: “Uh oh! A suitable content area for the live preview couldn’t be identified. Switching to Skeleton Mode.” Thoughts?

http://galatiafilms.com/newsite/blog/
http://galatiafilms.com/newsite/portfolio/

Hi There,

You can not use our builders for those pages, as it is set as the posts page and all the information and layout of the page is retrieved from the PHP file responsible for the layout.

You will need code customization to add any kind of information or shortcode there. Customization of the theme is outside of our support scope and we will not be able to implement the feature for you, but we can give you the correct direction to do it yourself.

Please install the Child Theme and copy the file below:

wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/global/_index.php

wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/global/_portfolio.php

to:

wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/_index.php

wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/_portfolio.php

You may need to add proper folders in your child theme to copy the file.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for your very complete replay. This seems to be a bit over the top just to change the word “Le Blog” to “News”. Seems odd to have to change the whole structure to do that. Is their a simpler way to just do that one word change? Thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion here. Please head over to Appearance -> Customize -> Integrity -> Blog Options section to change those text.

Thanks!

You Sir are a Genius! Thank you!!! Close this one out =)

You are always welcome!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.