Blocks? plugin that uses blocks is now preventing website from loading!

I haven’t had to edit any page content in about a month, today I noticed that all the page content was in a weird block feature that I have never used. The old backend editor was working just fine the last I had to edit any pages and now the website isn’t loading.

and what happened to all the page content editing capabilities with using the backend editor (visual composer) ? it’s showing all the page content is only in classic mode which also looks so unfamiliar.

Hello @adubs777,

Thanks for posting in! I can see that you are using Visual Composer in building your pages. Please go to WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings and make sure to disable the “Gutenberg Editor” and the “Legacy X Integration” must always be enabled.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

I don’t see where the gutenberg editor option is?

Hey @adubs777,

Can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.4.6
  • Cornerstone 3.4.6
    - WPBakery Page Builder 5.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

an error occurs everytime I’ve tried to update visual composer plugin?!

The theme and cornerstone seem to be up to date.

Hi @adubs777,

It shouldn’t happen and your Visual Composer is still 5.0, would you mind providing your admin login credentials in the secure note? We would like to check and test it first.

Thanks!

in the secure note <<<

Hi,

I will forward this to our web development team for review.

For the mean time, we can try another way to update the plugin.

1. Deactivate and delete the VC plugin from the plugins page. Then install it back via X> Validation Page

2. Update it manually using FTP. Please refer to Manual Updates section on the link below.

Don’t forget to backup your site before doing this.

Thanks

Ok I tried deactivating and deleting the js composer plugin, and then activating the one from the validation page and it says there was an error. then I tried downloading the plugin from envato account and I get an error saying that plugin installation failed. What’s going on???

I’m working with 3 other x theme websites and none of those have this problem

so now, I used the FTP to delete the plugin and then upload that way, and it seems to be working alright for now I just don’t know if it’s going to update smoothly the next time. Well see when that time comes : )

thanks.

Hi,

It could be a file size limit issue or max execution time limit issue.

Please contact your hosting provider and request to increase the following.

upload_max_filesize = 128M
post_max_size = 128M
max_execution_time = 300

Or you can try doing it yourself using the guide below

Thanks

Visual Composer plugin still doesn’t update like it should! Why?

Hi @adubs777,

The latest version of Visual Composer supported by X theme is 5.6, which is what you have now. Please do not update to 5.7 yet.

Version Compatibility

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.