Blank unresponsive sections in edit mode

Hi, I have blank unresponsive sections (beyond section 8) on layout of my x theme site (not yet live) but in view mode the content still appears there. This is present on the page and on the duplicates I made of this page.

Any advice most welcome.

regards

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca,

Thanks for writing in! Since your site is not yet live, could you please provide a video screen cast of your site with the issue in it so that we will have an idea of what is going on in your site. Meanwhile, ​we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hi,
Thank you for your response.
video screencast link here
I used a plugin to duplicate pages

Duplicate Posts, Pages and Custom Posts using single click.
Version 2.6 | By mndpsingh287 | View details

This all worked fine but when editing there seems to be a glitch where edits cannot be saved and then after hitting the refresh button the unresponsive section issue occurs.

Please advise if this can be fixed or whether I should just make the pages afresh. The site is due to go live today!:roll_eyes:

I have increased the memory to php as advised
Rebecca

Hi,
I have deactivated all the plugins on the site now other than cornerstone. As I try to edit pages that are not affected, the same issue is then affecting them mid edit.

I’d be most appreciative if you can view the video screencast I did.

I have tried to create a new page to make a template but this too has become unresponsive in the sections where it is slit into 1/3’s or 1/5’s, I am now stuck, I can not even make new pages.

Thanks,
Rebecca

Hi,
I am still having this issue, can you advise of possible causes but more importantly solutions.

Thanks

Hi Rebecca,

Could you please try the following suggestions?

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If none of these helped and your website is not on localhost right now, can you please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details and FTP access in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue?

Thanks.

Thank you Alaa for you reply, I have devised a way of overcoming the problem, creating a new page using various templates.
I am working my way through the list.
Points 1 & 3 I have already done. I’m trying the rest, will be get back to you -
Thanks,
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

If nothing works, please provide us login credentials (wp-admin and FTP) in a secure note, so we can take a closer look.

How To Get Support

Cheers!

Hi,
secure note sent
thanks

Hey @HandB,

I checked all the pages you posted (loaded several times to double check) and only 3 of your pages are having the issue. The cause of the hiding are the Global Blocks that are not set or looks like they have been reset. Please see the details in the secure note.

The page duplication plugin you used might have caused the issue. Please try using the Template Manager instead of page duplication plugins.

Thanks.

Okay, so do I just have to recreate the pages again from scratch?

Hey @HandB,

I have added additional details above, please check.

Regretfully, you will need to fix the pages by setting the global blocks that have been reset.

And regarding the error you showed us, it’s only happening in this page all throughout my test. It is intermittent. The builder shows that error when it detects the preview loads slowly. A performance improvement that might fix that issue might be released in the succeeding versions of Cornerstone.

Thanks.

That’s strange, the error, at my end, is on all those pages. Also I’m not sure what you mean by setting the global blocks, All were uneducable, not even visible, I deleted the sections and when I added new sections, they also didn’t show and were collapsed.
I’ll start over on the listed pages.
Thank you for looking into it though.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I think you have switched the WordPress user to subscriber, not admin, that’s why I couldn’t make another look. I’m pretty sure my colleague Christian meant that you will have to rebuild the global blocks, he also confirmed that deleting these sections with global blocks allowed the builder to load the subsequent sections.

Thanks.

Hi Alaa,
Thanks for getting back to me, I didn’t expect further input. I have changed access back to administrator if you want to look.
I was confused by the global block advice as, for example, the section split into 1/5’s has 5 separate global blocks and these are working fine on some other pages.
I can make the other pages, I was more concerned that there was something else going on that would continue to affect other pages as I edited them. I’m not experienced at this, learning on the go.
Thanks Rebecca

Hello @HandB,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

It’s very strange to have these blocks working on other pages, however, it’s good to know that deleting them then re-adding again works well so far on these specific pages.

Thanks.