Blank text control boxes when attempting to edit Visual Composer

I have seen similar issues on other threads - have problems when going to use text boxes.

Although an older version of PHP it was working previously - contacted VC who tell me its a theme issue and have checked with server people who tell me that they have tried with and without security and no difference. PHP limits are also at their maximum

Any clues please?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you’re referring to the Front-end editor, please note that VC front-end editor works for native VC elements only.

If not, this could be a memory issue as well. You can try adding the following code into your wp-config.php file which can be located at the root of your WordPress installation.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Also enable WP_DEBUG mode and check to see if you’re getting any errors when working with VC.
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi there

Yes using front end. Have added the memory as outlined and debug mode.

Have noticed that the server providers are running an older version of php so am requesting that to be upgraded before I come back to you - will let you know soonest if this solves the issue

Many thanks

Let us know how it goes.

Hi there - the issue remains - I wonder if you could take a look please ( details provided in secure note) to see if you can see what is causing the issue

Hello There,

I have check and I can see you do have Visual Composer Website Builder plugin. It is different from the
WPBakery Page Builder that comes with the theme

Please check in with the plugin developer of Visual Composer Website Builder for the issue.
I found this that might help you:

I will certainly speak to them although they said it is a theme issue - I will uninstall current version and replace with the plug in that comes with the theme

I would be grateful if you could tell me if at some point the theme will allow me to use the website builder

I have spent a few hours working with other themes and the same issues do not occur so it is looking as if with this version of Visual Composer it is the theme that cannot handle it - and if I now change the visual composer then i lose my work done

What is odd is that this did not happen to begin with - otherwise of course I would have noticed - so it does seem to suggest that one of the improvements you made has had this negative effect on VC

Hey @thecounsellor2,

I’m sorry to hear your issue but yes, Pro is not compatible with the version of Visual Composer that you have because it has its own Visual Composer (now WPBakery Page Builder) version that it supports. You’re using this https://visualcomposer.io/ and X / Pro is supporting this https://wpbakery.com/. WPBakery Page Builder was Visual Composer. The issue might have started when they separated Visual Composer into two products and both products might still be sharing some of the code base so it conflicts with Pro. For more details, please see the Visual Composer™ VS. WPBakery. Please note that it is not Pro that caused this issue.

Please uninstall the version of Visual Composer that you have and install the one that is bundled with Pro. WPBakery Page Builder is the bundled version. Regretfully, you will need to rebuild your pages with the bundled version. That is the one we support.

Also note that Pro disables some features in Visual Composer and integrates some of its elements. To use Visual Composer natively, you need to disable X Integration under WPBakery Page Builder menu. Please see how Visual Composer is used in X / Pro here.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.