Blank text boxes visual composer

I cannot seem to edit any text boxes when using visual composer (WP Bakery). When I click to edit a text box, it is always completely blank and no content is shown.
The site having issues is https://pagodasecurity.co.uk/.
I can provide logins if necessary.
Please advise on how I should correct this issue?

Hello @eyetooth,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I can see that you are using the compatible version of Visual Composer 5.4.7. I can also see that you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. To resolve the problem, please try out following solutions:

1. Please make sure you are running PHP version 7 or greater as running old version of PHP can have compatibility issues.
  2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

In case above solutions does not work out, please share website login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I have tried upgrading the php version to 7.2.3 and the memory limit is set to 768MB and apparently on the SiteGround server this cannot be changed.
But I am still having the same issue.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? It could be an internal server error.

Plus, I do 30 console error just by loading your admin page which could be related.

And please try downgrading to PHP 7.1 or 7.0. The PHP 7.2 has deprecated functions that some plugins still uses and could cause internal error.

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me. I have changed the php version to 7.0 now.
I will send FTP details shortly.
Please let me know if you require anything else.

Hi there,

It looks like related to security, there are many files are blocked. Example is this https://pagodasecurity.co.uk/2014/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/assets/js/dist/edit-form.min.js

I checked and it does exist, but not accessible through a browser. Please try disabling any security related feature in your site (plugin or host specific).

Thanks!

Thanks. Disabling the security seemed to fix the issue :slight_smile:

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.