Blank page going to "X -> Cornerstone"

I locally installed dekstopserver. Updated to wordpress 5.02. Installed the latest X theme. When i click “X -> Cornerstone” i get a blank page. Same with “X -> Theme Options”. All plugins and themes are up-to-date

Hey @matija,

A blank or white page is an indication that there’s a server error. It does not give the specific cause though and for that, you need to enable WordPress debugging and/or look at the error log usually located at the root of your site where you installed WordPress.

To enable WordPress debugging, you can simply set WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php to true or you can follow the Example wp-config.php for Debugging setup at https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress to log errors but not display it in the frontend.

Once error logging is enabled, please open X > Theme Options again so the error will be logged. Open the error log and then paste the error messages here in a Secure Note.

You can also try the common solutions listed below:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme and remove custom codes anywhere in your site especially in Theme Options.

3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

4. Increase your server’s Memory Limit by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

See secure note.

1. Only Cornerstone is activated
  2. No child theme
  3. Did this -> No change
  4. Did this -> No change

I’m sorry but there’s no significant message in the log you posted so we can’t determine why you get the issue in your local environment.

Please try upgrading the PHP version to the highest version Desktop Server allows then test again. If this does not help, please copy your site to an online server or web host because we have no means to troubleshoot a local site.

Once you’ve set an online staging site, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access also in a secure note.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.