Blank images after upload

Hi there!

I have a problem on one of my pages that when I upload images, they turn up blank.
They appear to upload just fine, no errors or nothing, but when they’re finished they appear to have no content. Clicking the image url also turns up just the file name of the image.

I read somewhere that this might be caused by something wrong with the permissions of the upload folder. However, they didn’t mention what the permissions should be, so I tried to update the permissions from 755 and 775, with no effect. And then also recurse 775 into sub directories.

Does anybody have a clue as to what this might be caused by?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Howard

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please send us your login details in a secure some so that we can have a look.
Meanwhile, you can try uploading a .jpg image instead of .jpeg the PNG image you have uploaded has multiple dots in the name can you remove that. Keep only one dot before the extension .png. There might be some naming and extension due to the server setting.

Please provide the following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi!
Secure note added now.
A .jpg was the original problem, but tried again now wit no luck. So it seems like theres a problem for all pictures.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @Duckypb,

I checked your folder permissions and they are okay, the upload should be working. Though, there is no error being logged. This could also be related to temp folder permission as the files go there first during the upload before it’s moved to an intended destination. That’s something I can’t confirm, I recommend contacting your hosting provider to further check this.

This isn’t related to the theme or plugin, but more on host environment in which we don’t have control.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.