Blank homepage

Hello Themeco Staff
After one of the updates (in 2017, just before I was supposed to choose between X or Pro), my homepage and other pages were almost blank (only header was visible). I tried to solve the issue by disabling all the plugins, one at a time… it didnt work. So I decided to quit the site. Huge loss as you can imagine. So after almost one year, here I am again. Of course, my site remains the same and so do I, since I dont know what s the problem.
Thanks in advance for your help and Happy Easter from Argentina.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! It looks like the content on your homepage is being served by the cache, did you try clearing out the cache after the update? Please clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Let us know how this goes!.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, Nabeel. Yes, I cleared all the caches several times too, but still…

Hi There,

Could you please provide us with the login URL?

I tried both /wp-admin/ and wp-login.php but didn’t work.

Thank you.

Hi Thai, thanks for your reply. I didnt know how to post a secure note below your message. I wrote url for login above. Thanks!

Hi there,

Would you mind providing some screenshots of what you’re seeing? The page loads okay up to the footer and it’s not blank. And there is no cache.

Does this happen during peak hours? It could be a performance related issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Rad, thanks for your reply. This happens all the time since last year. Sure I can share some screenshots. I hope this helps you to understand and solve this huge issue.

Thanks again.

PS: The forum treats me like a new users so I could only share two links. Here another one. Thanks.

• Blog category https://prntscr.com/iz4j3w
    By the way, yesterday I uploaded the red banner (vení, volá, sentí) you can see on the right corner.

PS2: I don t understand what “there is no cache” means, I am sorry. I visited my site from different devices, also many customers have complained about this. That s why I quit driving traffic to my site. But I need it, of course. Thanks.

Hi there,

I checked your website and it seems the problem is only happening on your homepage as I could access the other pages with Cornerstone. I installed the Duplicate Post plugin on your website and cloned the homepage and it is called Cloned now. Surprisingly it is working correctly on that page.

Please check the case and see if it works ok and if yes then please replace it with the current homepage.

Also, I suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below if you have problems yet:

1. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply, Christopher. I am sorry, but that is not working at all.

1. The problem is NOT only happening on the homepage (as seen on the screenshots you asked and I provided on my reply above). It is happening in SEVERAL PAGES.

2. Yes, indeed, you can access all the pages vía Cornerstone. That is NOT the problem. The problem happens on the BACKEND, the user experience.

3. The cloned homepage doesnt work either. The original one also works correctly when logged as administrator, but the backend is exactly the same. Please, take a look at the page you cloned as a simple visitor.

4. As for the suggestions, I increased the PHP Memory on my server, I tested third-party plugins (one by one) as I said before. I dont use CDN. I havent been using CSS nor Java on Child Theme for a long time, if I ever used it.

OMG. This problem will celebrate its first year unsolved. :frowning:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there,

I can see the issue now in home-page, but not in blog or category page. This looks like performance related issue. And it’s easier to solve visible issues and the first step in troubleshooting is identifying it. In your case, it mostly works on our end so it’s harder to troubleshoot.

Through FTP, I enabled debugging through wp-config.php, and it doesn’t log any warning or error. So I increased the memory limit and still have the same issue. Are you on shared hosting? Because they mostly will not allow any memory limit changes.

But you can easily confirm what’s causing this and it’s the performance of your host environment. Try disabling your Essential Grid and your home page will load faster. A single Essential Grid loads okay on a page, and it uses memory, then imagine your home page with too many Essential Grid. It will not load because the memory isn’t enough, sometimes it may load depending on your host traffic (which why sometimes we see it works and sometimes not). I recommend switching to another host with greater resources or contact your hosting provider to increase it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you again, Rad.

Hmmm… I am not sure if I understood what you say… My site is on Bluehost and I think it is enough, isnt it?

I will try a simpler home without Essential Grid then and I will let you know. Thank you!

Thank you very much again, Rad. I ve just removed Essential Grid from the homepage and it finally works!!! AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

It is incredible that I had to wait almost a whole year, with my site blocked and loosing traffic & clients & indexation, to get the right response, isnt it?

I think it could be usefull to share this episode with your colleagues and supervisors so it doesn t happen to anyone ever again.

Thank you! Happy Easter from Argentina

Hey There,

You’re welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

Cheers. Happy Easter.

1 Like

Hi again. I am having one new problem (several problems with X to be honest) on my homepage.

As suggested above, first I removed Essential grid and I finally deactivated the plugin. But I still would like to use something to show “recent posts” by category. Unfortunately cornerstone doesn t allow me to save the changes.

I ve read some other posts with the same issue. Many of them detailing pieces of code. I cannot figure out by myself if any of those solutions is good for my case, due to my little knowledge of English & dev.

My active plugins now are Cornerstone and Contact Form. That s it. Although I am making lots of changes on my site, unfortunately I cannot use Under Construction either, so I d really appreciate if you could please help me to solve this new issue as soon as possible, so my site looks a little bit better since it can t look like I wish.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey @Tangauta,

There are errors when you save the page (see Secure Note). First, cornerstone-endpoint is being blocked. Please contact your hosting provider to whitelist it from Mod Security. The other potential issue is the Essential Grid element still exist in the page. Try removing them from your page.

Thanks.

Thanks Chritian. I will contact my hosting provider and I will let you know. Thanks.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.