Blacked out editing boxes on hover in cornerstone

Hi, when I hover content the box turns black and I can’t see what’s underneath so i can edit it.
As I mouse around this is making the editing experience very difficult- any ideas?

Hello @Raghavannair,

Thanks for writing in! We could not replicate this issue from our end. Can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions? Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.3.6
  • Cornerstone 3.3.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

I don’t have any caching apps installed.
This only happened after I ran your current updates.
Any other ideas?
Basically no transparency when hovering sections to edit.
Makes it very annoying to edit/work in your software.

Hey @raghavannair,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks- I just added the secure note with the requested details

Hello @raghavannair,

I have logged in and I can confirm that issue. It is displaying blue in my browser. The color is somehow taken from the background color of the topbar. How did you update the theme by the way? Did you do it manually? This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install X theme and Cornerstone. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

If nothing is working, please provide us the ftp access to your site so that we can investigate further.

Best Regards.

Thanks for your reply.
I have tried your suggestions, but the issue persists.
I have provided the FTP creds in the secure note.

Hi There,

Your PHP and MySQL version is a bit outdated. Please update to PHP version 7.2 or greater. and MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.

You can see your server configuration under Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo

Wordpress Requirements

Changing your PHP Version in cPanel

Please contact your hosting if you’re not comfortable doing this.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thanks so much for you help in troubleshooting this.
Per screenshot below, I’ve updated both php and mysql.
Still seeing the issue though.
Any other ideas to try?

Hey @raghavannair,

We’re sorry that the issue still persists. I see though that you’re still using PHP 5.6. Please try updating to PHP 7 as suggested by @friech.

Please also try the following possible solutions:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. Re-install WordPress by going to Dashboard > Updates and clicking the Re-install Now button.

3. Contact your host to increase your Max Execution Time to 300s.

4. Also ask your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please copy your site to a staging server preferably using a different web host so that you can immediately know if there’s a setting in your host that causes this issue. Below is an article to learn how to do that.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.