Bizarre! All the icons on my site have disappeared!

Just checking my site and, for some reason, all of the icons on my site (apart from in UberMenu) have completely disappeared.

Example page:

(large blue button 'Contact Us!" had an icon.

Absolutely no idea as to what could have caused this? The theme is up to date and everything like that.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

R

I will give you a free advice.First make sure you updated both the theme and cornerstone. If you have, clear the cache and see if that fixes it. This is a major update so it needs cache clearing. If that doesnt work, welcome to the club, I have the same issue but only with social icons and the hamburger menu on mobile phones. I already have a topic on this and waiting for answer. Its to do with the fontawesome update.

Hello @Bark201,

Looks like you have updated Cornerstone and using latest version of the same 3.2.3. However, version of X Theme 6.1.6 you are using is old and incompatible with Cornerstone version that’s there on the website. Please update X Theme to the most recent version.

To update X Theme please take a look at following resources:

1. Version compatibility guide: To learn about the latest and compatible versions of bundled and supported plugins, please take a look at following doc:

2. Theme Update guide: Please take a look at following article to update Cornerstone.

3. Please take a look at following doc about changelog:

https://theme.co/changelog/

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Thanks.

@Prasant I didnt create this topic and my website is still on the older version because 3.2.2 still caused social icons to disappear. I will try updating now to 3.2.3 with cornerstone and see if it works now.

I am updating that the latest version 3.2.3 is still causing issues with font awesome. My social icons dont load and yes I cleared the cache.

Hi @Bark201 and @Prasant

Your advice to update the theme worked so that’s great thanks. I had missed this step since i have the Child Theme activated and now I remember the full X Theme must also be updated.

However, when I initially activated the Child Theme the icons did not appear immediately and the content of the widgets were not displaying. I therefore activated the full X Theme first, activated the Child Theme and cleared the cache. This fixed it so thanks for that great advice.

I am not using X Theme for the navigation so I’m unsure about the hamburger menu so hopefully you can resolve this. I have UberMenu and ShiftNav activated which use their own icons with a UberMenu Icons extension/plugin. In fact I am not sure if that UberMenu Icons plugin is updated anymore but it still seems to work fine.

1 Like

Thank you, got it all fixed :slight_smile:

Glad to hear both of your issues are sorted. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.