Big Grey in Editor

I don’t know what happened but 2 days ago this Large Grey shows up in the editor in all Pro Ediing Sections; Headers, Footers and Content. Meaning I can write posts and they look fine on the site, but I cannot edit or see my own page content on the backend of my site.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Strawnj2,

Thanks for reaching out.

I can’t really tell what’s going on based on the screenshot, would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials? I’ll check first what’s going on with the builder preview.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Rad,

Thank you for the reply. I was able to clear the cache and I disabled the Plugin ‘Hummingbird Pro’ from WPMU, previously their plugin ‘Smart Crawl’ SEO gave me problems as well so I disabled that too.

I don’t know how to find the .hta access or change the memory limit. I found the wp-config.xml but not the wp-config.php so i just did nothing.

If you can shoot me back a good email I can add a temporary admin user for you to look around and I’ll just delete it after your done. I would rather not send my admin and have to change it once your done. Is that OK?

Hi @Strawnj2,

You can find the htaccess and wp-config.php files in the root directory of your site.
It’s in public_html for most servers. You may contact your hosting provider to do this for you if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.

For more information kindly refer to the links below

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.