Best way to create image gallery

Hello,

I recently asked about the best way to create an image gallery given Envira Gallery is a ‘classic’ element and will not be updated in future. Th suggestion provided was the Grid however this is also a classic element and will not be updated in the future either. As I’m looking at a new gallery I’d rather created it in something that will be supported long term. Can you please suggest something?

With thanks and kind regards,

Jenny

Hi @jensmith3,

Thanks for writing in.

I am not sure that Grid and Envira Gallery will not be updated in the future. As long as that there is a new plugin updates for the extension we will include it our next release.

You might want to use Essential Grid plugin. Another extension of X theme that could help you create your gallery.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks so much but isn’t the Essential Grid a classic element too?

Hey There,

Essential Grid is a bundled plugin in the theme. You can check out this knowledge base about the plugin: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-essential-grid/68/1

And when you are editing in Cornerstone, if Essential Grid is active, there should be Classic Essential Grid element available in the “Elements” tab.

Hope this make sense.

Hi,

I’m not sure if you’re understanding my question. Given that both Envira Gallery and Essential Grid are now ‘classic’ elements and will not be updated in future, what is the best alternative to use to create an image gallery in X Theme now?

With thanks and kind regards,

Jenny

Hello There,

You were referring to the term “classic” is just in Cornerstone only. Essential Grid and Envira Gallery will always be updated because these are 3rd party and bundled plugins. The “classic” Envira Gallery element and “classic” Essential Grid element in Cornerstone is just a way and make it easier for you to insert a gallery in Cornerstone.

Alternatively;

• You can insert the Classic Block Grid element and insert an image in each block grid item.
  • Or you can make use of the default WordPress gallery by inserting a shortcode in a text element right in Cornerstone. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_WordPress_Gallery

Hope this make sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.