/ Being replaced by ../

Hello. I am entering URL links using a simple “/page-name” but the editor keeps changing it to “…/page-name” which then breaks my links. What is happening and how can I stop this? Thanks

Hello Derp,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello Derp,

Thanks for sharing the details. :slight_smile:

Can you please share some screencast of the problem you are facing? I tried editing the page and on my end editor is working fine. I also tried adding absolute and relative URls links into the text and that also seems to be working fine. Please share some screencast or screenshot for us to take a closer look at the problem.

Thanks.

Hello, I added a update to the secure note

Hi Derp,

Thank you for the screencast, I can confirm this bug on my end, we’ve added this to our issue tracker so it can be considered for future development.

In the meantime, please don’t use inline editing on text element (with relative links), use the default Edit Text panel instead.

Thank you for understanding,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.