BBPress: Cannot "Link" or Add Media in New Topic or Replies

Hello I have just deactivated all plugins except for bbpress and I get the same issue: When I hit the link button it creates a weird error below the new topic or reply box: https://www.michaelbakerdigital.com/forums/topic/linux-guru/

(see attached)

Hello @PinpointPromos,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

Please point us where the error is showing. Is this the Reply To: items showing below?

Also, can you share to us your Wordpress User/Pass in a secure note so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Hi I added a secure note. If you log in as a new user or admin and try to use the reply field at the bottom of any topic you will see it’s broken. Note I have disabled all plugins and it does the same thing. I just did a backup

Hi PinpointPromos,

This issue has been logged to our dev team and it will be fixed in the next release. Unfortunately, I still don’t have an ETA yet, but adding this code snippet to functions.php file in your child theme should fix it for now:

add_action('init', 'fix_tag_enqueue', 99999 );
function fix_tag_enqueue () {
remove_filter( 'style_loader_tag', 'x_filter_style_loader_tag', 10, 2 );
}

You can follow this guide to help you using a child theme:

1 Like

Fantastic this is close but the “Add Media” button for Admins, Mods etc causes a similar weird error, it jumps the screen down and displays all kinds of stuff

also, do you know how I can make it so that all users get the same editor and not the scaled back version?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any workaround that would resolve the “Add Media” button for now, however, I’ll make sure to update this thread if I found something.

Sorry, but I’m not sure I can fully understand your second question especially “the scaled-back version” part?

Thanks.

Im not looking for a work around - it doesn’t work and is broken because of the theme. I can verify this becuase I’ve tried it on several different sites with other themes. Please help me resolve this issue.

Hi PinpointPromos,

I understand the situation here that’s why I’ve reported this issue to our dev team and it has been added to our issues tracker. As I’ve pointed earlier I’m not aware of an ETA for the update that will address this issue.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.