BBP Style Pack

Hi there,

I use bbPress for the forum in my website.
I found this ‘bbp style pack’ plugin which has great reviews which is meant to give you the option to easily customize the forum. However, with my Theme X site, the plugin does not seem to be compatible? None of my changes are coming through?

Can you please advise - does Theme X block this plugin, if so, is there another way to easily customize the forum without lots of CSS?

Thanks

Hi there,

Since BBP Style Pack is a third party plugin, we cannot provide any details why the customizations set using the plugin is not working due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

I checked your site as well and in the plugin settings, there is a tab that says Not Working? which has some suggestions you can check to troubleshoot your setup. It might help if you start from there then get in touch with the plugin author.

Currently, if you want to customize the display of the forum with X, you could override the bbPress template files then write some CSS codes. You can find more information about it here:

https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/amending-bbpress-templates/

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

I have spoken with the developer of the app and we have done rigorous testing to see what causes the plugin to not work. We have disabled all plugins, activated them one by one, etc. The issue, we found, was the theme. The theme blocks the plugin from working.

Can you please see what we can do to fix that? The plugin would be great for bbpress it it were to work.

Thanks

Hey @Jeypolitan,

X does override a number of bbPress templates and it’s possible that it’s not compatible with BBP Style Pack especially if it uses the same hooks as the theme. Regretfully, we could not investigate this further as this would require custom work. We could only point you to the bbPress templates and functions that X uses and it would be your or your developer’s responsibility to modify the templates.

x\bbpress
x\framework\views(stack)
x\bbpress.php
x\framework\functions\plugins\bbpress.php

You might want to review the Best Practices in customizing X at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.