Basic simple image in an article which is a thumbnail and pops up into a full size image in a lightbox

Can you point me to somewhere in the knowledge base/tutorials which tells:

How to put a simple, single image. In an article. Which in the article is a thumbnail. Click the thumbnail, full size light box with full size image pops up.

Please don’t tell me this page:

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, but that is the lightbox tutorials that you need :slight_smile:

I’ll make it simpler; two things or should I say shortcodes you need here. First is the lightbox shortcode, you can place it on a RAW Content element.

[lightbox selector=".lbx"]

This is a way of telling the page that you have a lightbox content, and that selector is kind of identifier that tells that this lightbox shortcode is for this images or set of images/videos.

Then the Image shortcode:

[image src="YOUR THUMBNAIL IMAGE URL HERE" link="true" href="YOUR FULL SIZE IMAGE URL HERE" lightbox_video="false" class="lbx"]

Notice the class lbx (of course that can be anything depends on what selector you assigned) on the lightbox shortcode. That is how you link an image to a lightbox. That’s it.

Here is a live example, you can place it on a RAW Content element or Text element.

[image src="https://lh5.ggpht.com/oJIe2jiC5ABBNqfOwq4ChlA4_v2Wo431AiJJEPy06t6nf6Pa4sPkI1gQUt6yT-qwaQ0=h310" link="true" href="https://www.petmd.com/sites/default/files/petmd-cat-happy-10.jpg" lightbox_video="false" class="lbx"]
[lightbox selector=".lbx"]

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank You.

It would be useful if documentation here tended to start out with basic usage before jumping into tens of options for each item.

That lightbox shortcode page, for example. It starts with 9 possible parameters and 8 different uses. But nowhere does it say ‘here’s how you put a basic image with lightbox.’ with an example like you just gave me.

Just a thought. From another new customer who wishes there was a refund policy on themeforest.

Hi,

Noted, we’ll forward your concern to management.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.