Backgrounds not showing up for sections

Running latest version of Pro.

I am trying to do both color and image backgrounds, and combination backgrounds with advanced settings, and backgrounds are always just white no matter what I do. I’ve tried also removing all caching plugins, which did not help.

They display fine in the page builder, but live site has no background. I have a page with classic sections, and backgrounds show up fine in those.

In the builder:

Live site:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! I tested the section’s background image in my local installation with the same settings you’ve and it’s working fine on my end (see screenshots)

Then I checked your site and I see the section’s settings were not applied on the front-end and missing z-index of that section is causing the trouble. Can you please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how this goes!.

It is interesting to note that mobile view (or decreasing browser width) causes the background to show up. It only appears to be gone in larger views.

Followed your steps, to no avail:

1. Everything is up to date
  2. All caches disabled & browser cache cleared. Tried multiple browser types, computers & ISPs.
  3. No CDN in use. I’m only using Cloudflare for DNS.
  4. Disabled all plugins.
  5. Deactivated child theme & switched to parent theme. Removed all global custom CSS (which I believe is all that could be affecting that particular page).
  6. Increased memory allocation in wp-config.php.

Tested after each step and issue persists each time. I will reply privately with logon credentials if you would like to be able to log into investigate. The site is currently in development, so you can feel free to disable plugins as necessary.

Another note: have another site on Pro in which this is working just fine … Thus, there is obviously a conflict somewhere, but not sure where else to look.

Hi There @dmdstar

I have tried re-installing Pro theme, tried switching to your parent X theme and also tried disabling some of your plugins (not all) but I could not isolate this issue. If you can try disabling all of your 3rd party plugins and see if you’re experiencing a plugin conflict.

Further I could not replicate this issue on my local installation as well. As a temporary workaround, try adding the following CSS rule into your X -> Theme Options -> CSS area and see if that helps.

.x-bg {
    z-index: 999;
}

Thanks!

Thank you for trying… I finally isolated it to CSS in the header builder. I found a syntax issue there (a missing bracket), which apparently caused this to be a problem in the content area.

Looks like it’s good to go. I’ll do some further testing, but so far it appears to be working now.

Glad it’s okay now and thanks for letting us know :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.