Background Video Stopped Playing

I have a background video that in the hero of one of my websites. The video has stopped playing. I can’t figure out the conflict and the page source looks good to my eyes but I must be missing something.

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked and can see you have older version of the theme and cornerstone.

Kindly update it to the latest version. The latest version numbers as of this time are.

X 6.4.6, Cornerstone 3.4.6

Please review our update guide.

Remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks

I updated everything and it still isn’t showing. Can you please take another look?

Hi Tim,

I checked your setup and I see couple of JS errors in browser’s console which could be breaking your site’s functionality. Upon inspection I see the custom code in Theme Options > JS is triggering an error and the other error is related to Hotel Booking Form on your homepage. I’d suggest you to please do the following first:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

5. Remove Hotel Booking Form related code and scripts from your homepage.

Let us know how this goes!

The Hotel Booking Form is the main method from which the clients get money. I’ll pull everything into a clean staging area. Is there any chance that you’ve heard of issues resulting from clients using A3 Lazy Load or Lazy Load by WP Rocket having issues?

My gut is that the lazy loading JavaScript is the more likely culprit but I can’t seem to purge the files completely without going FTP.

Hi Tim,

Not in particular, but that is a possibility. Can you deactivate that feature and clear your Hummingbird cache and see if that resolves the issue?

And did you try removing that JS code you have on Theme Options > JS, there is a chance that script is conflicting with Hotel Booking Form.

And where can we see the background-video that has stopped? I don’t see your homepage loading a video file. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Due to the critical error, I had to replace the video with a static image until I can solve the issue. I moved the version with the video to my staging domain.

After pulling the site clean, it appears that the error was associated with the Hummingbird plugin itself. I will test what elements of Hummingbird seem to break it and reach out again if I’m at a roadblock.

Hi again,

For debugging you can checkout it’s documentation here https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/ and also see the FAQ section here https://wordpress.org/plugins/hummingbird-performance/

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.