Background Video issue

Hi,

the landing page of a website I’m working on has 7 sections.
In the 4th one i did choose a video - mp.4, loading out of the media center - and everything was fine.
Now, since a while the video does not play anymore. I did install it again in pro several times, as well as the poster image, but still nothing happens.

This is the link to the page: https://amsc-sail.de and the video should be seen as the background of the counter section.

Do you have an idea, what the issue might be?

Thanks for your help!
Bernhard

Hi Bernhard.

Please update your Pro version from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6 then make sure to clear your site’s cache after updating,

Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

i did update Pro to 2.1.6. and cleared the cache, but this does not make a difference.

Thanks for your help!
Bernhard

Hi @bernbeam,

I checked your website and found an error which seems to be caused by an additional <script> tag which I am not sure where it is triggered from, maybe the custom JS or a plugin:

Also, I see an error regarding the media element blob:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

I am not sure the actual cause of the problem, but please follow the steps below which will help to identify the possible issue:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test the case by adding a new page and use the Video Element to dd the video in question and if it is working with that element.
  5. Add a test page and only add one section and use the video as the background of that section and check the case.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Hi,

thanks a lot for your help!
It was a good hint with the plugin conflict.
I found out that the a3lazy load plugin caused the issue.
Now everything is fine again!
:slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.