Background Video doesn't play in certain browsers

I’ve applied a background video to a section using X Pro. The video plays in Microsoft Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox.

Hi There,

I have tested on Chrome and Firefox and the video plays nicely.

Please clean your browser cache and try it again.

Thank you

I cleared my browser cache and the video still will not load for me in chrome or firefox. I had a few other people testing the site that were also having trouble with the video. I asked them to clear their cache, and that didn’t fix the problem for them either. However, I was able to get it to work in chrome on another computer. I can’t figure out the difference and why it would work on some computers/browsers and not others. I’ll provide login credentials in The Secure note section.

Hi There,

Your video plays both on Chrome and Firefox on my end, but you need to wait for it to load completely. The first time the browsers load the video is being halted, the fact is the video is too big is terms of size and data rate and the browser having a tough time loading it. 7mb for 13 seconds video is relatively big.

Please re-encode your video and web optimize it.You can try using handbrake or your favorite video converter application.

Thanks,

I compressed the video down to under 1mb. It loads faster on the browsers/computers that it already worked on… but it didn’t fix the problem. The video still isn’t loading in Chrome or firefox for me and a few others that have tested it. Any other ideas?

Hi There,

No, your background-video does play immediately now and not being halted, unlike the previous time I’ve checked your site, try clearing all your browser’s cache.

Thanks,

I’m having this exact issue. The video doesn’t play in Chrome for me, though it plays in Edge. It plays in Chrome for my coworkers. I’ve cleared every cache I can find, and uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome to no avail.

A closer look at the code shows a difference between what’s delivered to my browser versus what’s delivered to a coworker’s… but why?

Was there ever a resolution for this?

Hello @BizDevTeam,

Request you to please refrain from posting on ticket started by a different user as is create confusion and slows response time. Please create a new ticket and someone from support team will help you out with the query.

Thanks for understanding.