BackGround Type is missing

Hello Team,

I’ve updated the Cornerstone to the late version which is 3.2.5, upon update there is a missing functionality see image for the missing functionality:

Currently when you click the main section to update the BACKGROUND IMAGE this shows up:

Now I cannot insert a background image to the main section…

Cheers,

Hi There,

You’re editing a classic section, I couldn’t replicate this issue on my end:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello there,

As I’m doing what you’ve suggested to do so. I’ve tried to install a copy of my wordpress site to my localhost, like download the DB and files and folders. For short I was successfully installed it to my localhost however, when I update the THEME X and the Cornerstone Plugin in I got this error…

This happen when I update the ThemeX and the Cornerstone. This will show if you are going to edit a page or add a new page via cornerstone…

Sorry there are errors after errors coming in.

Hope to hear from you guys…

Cheers.

Hi There,

When you said you download the DB on your localhost, did you just directly download it?

Please do the migration method provided here.

After you’ve done the migration, please clear all your caching plugin, and re-save your permalinks (Settings > Permalinks)

Thanks,

Hi,

Here’s what I did when I installed the WP to my localhost.

1. Download the DB from PHP MYADMIN and Download the files and folders through FTP.
  2. Configure the wp-config settings…
    3, Install the DB.
    3.1. I went to SQL - Tab then insert some query to change the file path from live url to the localhost url…

Site is working fine until you want to update/edit/add the page. The error occurs…

I’ve checked the permalinks and it is correct…

I want to install the WP to my localhost so that I can do a lot of testing as mentioned above. But the Theme and Cornerstone are both updated to latest version 100%…

Any help is appreciated and apology for my questions…

Cheers,

Hi There,

Thank you for the clarification, but I’m not sure on that step 3.1 If that would work with Cornerstone. Please install a WP Migrate DB instead and follow the guide provided here.

After the migration, just re-save the permalinks without changing anything.

If that did not work, please configure virtual hosts on your localhost

Thanks,

Hello,

Another info with regards to this…

The X - Theme is update to the latest version and the Cornerstone Plugin too.

The localhost website is working for those current pages, however this error shows up when:

• Edit any existing page through “cornerstone”
  • Add new page using cornerstone.

This is all happening when the live site was migrated to the localhost…

So for the meantime you cannot do anything on the localhost website as you cannot add and edit pages.

We are dealing with the localhost not on the live site yet which has an error too and which was the original post was. I cannot work on to the live site as I need to test it to the localhost or dev environment…

Ahm want to mention that the localhost was running as database is installed successful, like images are pointing to the right URL which is to my localhost, links are working fine everything in front end is fine until you edit/add pages…

Virtual host is fine as well, I’m using AMPPS it will add data through virtual host and host file and I double checked it too. Both files are correctly added data.

I guess it on the Cornerstone and/or X-Theme? Is there a missing files that showing that naked page?

Any further ideas that can solve my problem. I appreciate your responses guys I hope you keep helping me…

Cheers,

Hello There,

Could you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.2.5
  • Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

Please also make sure that your WP dashboard url is the same as the site URL and the WordPress address url in Settings > General. Please give us a screenshot of your settings if necessary.

Let us know how it goes.

Hello,

Here are the screenshots:

• Cornestone 3.2.5

• X Theme 6.2.5

• General Settings

FYI:

I’m using PHP 7.1 but same error if I used PHP 5 +++…

Cheers,

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi RueNel and Team,

Unfortunately there is no “Secure notes”, kindly please see screenshot attached:

Yes I can give you those details but heads up, there is two issues here on this thread on is from the localhost when trying to copy the live site and the other issue which is on the Live site is the title of the thread.

Also if I give you the details kindly don’t break the site as this is live and very important… Just have a look and I’ll work on to the localhost test site.

Or give me some time I’ll going to set up a dev environment for you to check and play around much more safer.

Let me know where I can find the “Secure Notes”??

Cheers,

Hi there,

We won’t be making any changes on the live site but we will provide some possible suggestions that you can try to apply to your testing environment.

You should be able to add a Secure Note when you click on the key icon that is under your replies.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.