Background stays always white

Hi there,

I was checking my galleries pages after the big 3 update of Pro and I noticed that suddenly the background wasn’t anymore the image I wanted, but simply and always a white background…

I practically tried every thing, cleaning the cache, removing and re-setting my image as background again, checking all the CSS stuff and nothing worked… the background persists in wanting to stay white.

Do you have an idea of how could that be the case?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Alberto,

Thanks for writing in!

I have checked your site’s homepage and I am not seeing any issues. Could you please provide us the url of your gallery pages so that we can check those pages as well? You can create a secure note and post the page urls if you do not wnat to share your site’s url publicly. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Best Regards.

Hello RueNel and thanks for your reply!

Yes, that should be that way because the problem is not in the homepage. The problem is in the galleries of my website. Have a look here and here for example.

Thanks in advance!

For instance, in the page of the “Visual Clue” there is no background, but there it’s not even respecting the general setting for the website’s default background’s colour :wink:

Hello Alberto,

The Gallery page is using Blank - No Container | Header, No Footer while the Visual Clue page is using the default page template. I also checked that the Gallery page is using border radius and box shadow styling for the backgrounds. Compared to the Visual Clue page, there is no border radius and box shadow styling. I would recommend that you edit Visual Clue and switch to the Blank - No Container | Header, No Footer page template first. And then check the column styling to display your backgrounds.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hi RueNel,

I don’ actually really get your point. How is the fact that the Gallery page and the Visual Clue pages are using different layouts for the page influence one another’s background? And like said, I’d like to have that colour and that background and general background and not as background for singular elements like sections and columns.

So, just for curiosity sake, I changed the page’s layout of the Visual Clue I page and didn’t change absolutely nothing.

I’ll send you the secure note.

Hi Alberto,

That template has white background, which is why it’s covered in white. For that, please add this CSS to Theme Options > CSS since it can’t be overridden through settings.

.page-template-template-blank-4-php .x-main, .page-template-template-blank-5-php .x-main, .page-template-template-blank-6-php .x-main, .page-template-template-blank-8-php .x-main {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.