Background picture not showing

Because of problems, I had to revert to an older version of Cornerstone. After the revert, my background picture and picture gallery are no longer showing. I tried reinserting it with no success. What could be the problem?

I cannot update Cornerstone because my client cannot log in with this new version.

page www.shaunettehildabrand.com

Thanks

Oh, and I cannot edit the page “photos” in Cornerstone, so I cannot even try to add the photo gallery again. Please help me out.

Hello There,

I can see that you have updated X to version 6.1.6. You must also update Cornerstone to version 3.1.6. At the moment you are using an older version. 3.0.4 will not work and not compatible with the latest version of the X theme. Could you please update to the latest versions?
- Cornerstone 3.1.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

That IS the problem, though. The new version of Cornerstone did not work on my clients PC nor on my Macbook. Only on my iMac. The suggestion was to revert to an older version of Cornerstone. This version works for my client but I have these photo issues now. Seems like I’m running in circles.

Hey Talie,

X and Cornerstone updates come in pairs. With that said, if you downgraded Cornerstone, you need to downgrade X as well. I see you’re using Cornerstone 3.0.4. The X compatible version for that is 6.0.4. If you don’t have the old version, you need to revert from a site backup as we do not have or store old versions.

Thanks.

So there is no solution, sigh? I don’t have the old version either.

Is this a bug, the new Cornerstone not working on a number of computers? I have tried all different browsers with no success.

What do you suggest I do? My client urgently needs access to her calendar, needs to post new events, this is how she makes a living…

Hey Talie,

Sorry to hear that and I understand you’re frustrated. This is not a bug though. Since you don’t have X 6.0.4 nor a backup of your site, you can download X 5.2.5 in your dashboard. Then, delete X via FTP and upload 5.2.5 manually also. Next, uninstall Cornerstone then go to X in the WP Admin menu and the compatible Cornerstone version will automatically be installed for you.

Just wanted to add that having a website backup is very important in web development. I’d also strongly recommend that you follow the best practices for updating themes and plugins next time.

Thanks.

Thanks. I do have a backup just not that far back. I take one every week and keep 3. Is that not enough? Would you recommend otherwise?

You can try reverting from that backup. It should be better than X 5.2.5 which is quite old.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.