Background Images - Lower Layer - Timed Out

On our website : www.paulettebodeman.com on all pages where an image is set to background, lower layer, we get an error when reviewing in Developer.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

When looking at the error, the image is being referenced from an old IP address.

We have checked in media, and the URL is www.paulettebodeman.com/

And we have also gone back and reloaded each of the images from Media and still have issue.

We do all editing in an incognito window to ensure we don’t have cache issues. As far as we can tell, this only happens when an image is background, lower layer

Suggestions on how we can resolve this?

Thanks

Hello Grant,

Thanks for writing in!

To get your issue resolved, please install Better Search and Replace plugin. You can then so a search for the old image url and replace it with the new image url.

Please see the secure note.

Thanks. I tried this and nothing changed.

Hello Grant,

Since nothing is helping you, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks.

A bigger issue now. I am completely locked out of the site. Nothing at all loading.

We thought it starting working again but still down.

Site comes back up and then crashes again. We have it running but had to turn off Jetpack and delete Search and Replace.

Site is super slow now. So, not sure if Jetpack should be turned back on or not.

We get this error now:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘w’ of undefined
at n (jquery.flot.resize.min.js?ver=3.8.0:1)
at dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,underscore,wp-util,wp-sanitize,wp-a11y,updates,thickbox,shortcode,media-upload,m&load[]=oxiejs,plupload&ver=5.2.4:3)
at r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,underscore,wp-util,wp-sanitize,wp-a11y,updates,thickbox,shortcode,media-upload,m&load[]=oxiejs,plupload&ver=5.2.4:3)

Hello Grant,

When I visit your site and check the Dev Tool console, I am not seeing any errors.

Can you please point out which of the background image is not showing in your homepage?

Thanks.

The site loads but is super slow now. Looks like almost a minute.

There are two images that I am checking as they are huge, just not sure if they are being used in the site.

Not sure what the errors are above from your post.

Hello Grant,

Those are not errors. It is just a cookie message in the browser. This is not an error or in connection with the slower loading of the page. I have checked your site with Pingdom and I found out that the images alone present in your site is around 30MB which is bad.

Please see the secure note.

Thanks, there are a few images that we have to delete. But, there were on the site before and were loading okay (not fast but not slow either)

Hey Grant,

You must remove those two images because the file size is 11MB and the other one is 16MB.

Regards.

trying to do that but it takes me nearly 10 minutes everytime I hit enter on the site.

WE have replacement photos for those but it is taking forever.

Is there to tell if a plug-in is causing the site to hang.

And, we disabled Jetpack as thought that might be the issue as well. Any thoughts on that?

Hello Grant,

This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello Grant,

I was able to remove the images with bigger file sizes. Please edit your homepage and replace your background images. Please upload at least 1600x1600 image only. Please keep in mind that big image equals big file size. Most users will only have 1280 or 1920 screen width. !600x1600 image size is enough to make as a background image for your site.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, the site is working now. I will have to go through it page by page to see if there are
any more issues.

Thanks,

going through the pages one by one, two pages are not updating correctly.

The About page gives an error locating the main image of Paulette standing on the steps.

And, on the Breakaway Academy page, still getting an IP address that we haven’t used in a long time.

Any suggestions?

Found the issue. There were a few places where a background image advanced checkbox was checked and there was no image.

I think all the issues are now resolved.

Thanks for your help earlier. Very much appreciated.

You’re welcome. We’re glad that all your issues were resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.