Background image options are gone in Pro

I’m currently working on 2 websites. On the first I installed pro 2.2.4 and the only option in a section for background was a color. So I downgraded to 2.1.6 and the options worked again.
On the second site same story but this time downgrading to 2.1.6 didn’t work. It says that version 2.1.6 is active when I check the pro page in de menu. Also I do not get a submenu for pro in the backend of my website. On the first site when I downgraded I got that menu back.
Its almost like it didn’t downgrade except for the version number in the dashboard

Hello @atblue,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

It seems that advanced mode is turned off. Please turn on Advanced Mode under Pro > Settings > User Preference > Advanced Mode. And then check your background settings again.

Here’s a screencast.

Thanks.

Hi Thai!,

Thanks for the reply. that worked. Do you also have an explanation why the styling and functionality of the header builder is not working?

Hi There,

Could you please clarify your issue with more details?

Please also try the troubleshooting steps:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Thai,

• Everything is up to date.
  • Its a clean install of wordpress
  • No other plugins running.
  • I’m not using any CDN
  • I have no custom CSS
  • tried 6 didn’t work
  • php memory limit is at its max

I added the login in a secure note for you. Check out the header builder and try to use the Hero template. All the css is messed up

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
I can still see you are using an older version of the theme.

Please update the theme for a possible solution!
Please check update guide.

Thanks

Hi Thai,

Updated the theme same problem. As I said in my fist post. On another site I fixed this problem by downgrading to the stable release. But I’ve done what you asked but still the same problem. Check for yourself.

Hi,

Please note that you need to check Advanced to be able to add background image to your section.

See screenshot

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Please read the whole tread. This was not about the background image anymore but the header builder which had messed up Css and wasn’t working properly

Hi There,

Look like your theme installation having some issue. It has installed on the wrong path. Because of that, the admin menu shows two Pro menu.

Please remove the complete PRO directory from theme folder through FTP file manager and reinstall the fresh copy of the theme.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

HI Basanta,

I removed the entire folder and reinstalled but it didn’t work.

Please look at the header builder for me! All the css is all messed up and it doesn’t work properly. Please provide an answer for that problem.

Kind regards,

Jaap

Hi Jaap,

Upon checking your website, I could see that the Pro theme folder name has been changed to pro-6. It should be only pro.

To fix this issue, please follow this:

• Login to your FTP account then rename the wp-content/themes/pro to wp-content/themes/pro.old

• After that rename the wp-content/themes/pro-6 to wp-content/themes/pro.

If it doesn’t still work, please provide us with your FTP account we’re ready to help you to fix it.

Regards!

Hi Thai,

That fixed the menu option but te header builder is still messed up!!!

I wil provide ftp credentials to you now. Please check the header builder for yourself

kind regards,

Jaap

HI!,

Sorry it s working now. I hade to clear the style cach. So I downloaded the pro theme multiple times in my downloads folder. Therefor my Mac suffixed the files wit a number. Apparently that messes up the styling in the header builder.

Thanks for the help!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi, let me know if i need a new thread.

I have the same issue regarding the background image, but im not using x-pro, just standard x so the settings are different. How do i activate advance options?

Hi,

It’s the same for X.

Please see screenshot below

Hope that helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.