Background image not showing in browsers

I safari everything on my website is working correcting. When opening up in Chrome, Firefox and Edge certain images are not showing on these pages.

http://andersranchrealty.com/sold-portfolio/

and all items in the portfolio

Also making changes to any page takes long time to show up in the other non safari browsers

Thank you for your help

Hello There,

I have checked your site in Chrome and all the images is displayed excerpt for this one:
http://andersranchrealty.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Llano-River-120.jpg

It seems that it is not loading or something. I did some further investigation and I can see that you are using BlueHost as your hosting provider. Please be aware that BlueHost has a default caching feature in the server called Endurance. Please ask your hosting provider to disable this or at least clear your site cache and test you site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have address everything with bluehost and the problem is still unresolved. Please help me figure this out. I have realized that the CSS code your partners gave me for the background image is specifically for the portfolio pages. Those are the pages not displaying the background. Thank you

Hi there,

The only image is not showing is “55 Acres – Gillespie County”. Upon checking, I see that the image source is not valid. Please re-upload that image and try again. And let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This is simply not true. I can see the background not displaying on multiple computers and browsers right now. This support used to be helpful but now I feel my attempts for helping are simply brushing me off.

you can see screen shots here proving it

Hello There,

We do not brushed off anyone. We’d really love to help in anyway we can. The screenshot tat you have sent to us is very helpful and give us the idea of where the problem needs to be check.

Well anyway, I have check your solid portfolio page and I am not seeing the image. Please edit the page and re upload or please check the source of the image.

And to display the background in your portfolio item pages, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.x-container.main:before{
    display: none;
}

Please let us know how it goes.

the sold portfolio doesn’t have an issue. it is the actual portfolio items in the portfolio on the listings page that is having the issue. The sold listings portfolio is an example of how the portfolio items should be looking.

that code snippet did not do anything. Also I am seeing that no changed I make are showing up in Firefox or Chrome. What’s going on. I just changed the over all font size and it changed immediately in Safari but not at all in the others. I have changed images in slider revolution and they are not showing in firefox or chrome either. This is a big deal and I need to know whats going on please.

Hello There,

The code should have work to display the background image. The problem is because you have Endurance Cache enabled and this is one big reason why the changes can not be seen right away. I would recommend that you disable caching first. Caching are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site. To do that, please go to Settings > General and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will find Endurance Cache option.

To change the look of your portfolio page the same as the Sold Portfolio page layout, we need to modify some elements for the portfolio page. Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Custm Entry Cover
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_ethos_entry_cover' ) ) :
  function x_ethos_entry_cover( $location ) {

if ( $location == 'main-content' ) { ?>

<?php if ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
          <h2 class="h-custom-headline h4"><span><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></span></h2>
          <a class="entry-cover" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" style="<?php echo x_ethos_entry_cover_background_image_style(); ?>"></a>
        </article>

<?php else : ?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
          <a class="entry-cover" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" style="<?php echo x_ethos_entry_cover_background_image_style(); ?>">
            <h2 class="h-entry-cover"><span><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></span></h2>
          </a>
        </article>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php } elseif ( $location == 'post-carousel' ) { ?>

<?php GLOBAL $post_carousel_entry_id; ?>

<article <?php post_class(); ?>>
        <a class="entry-cover" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" style="<?php echo x_ethos_entry_cover_background_image_style(); ?>">
          <h2 class="h-entry-cover"><span><?php ( $post_carousel_entry_id == get_the_ID() ) ? the_title() : x_the_alternate_title(); ?></span></h2>
          <div class="x-post-carousel-meta">
            <span class="entry-cover-author"><?php echo get_the_author(); ?></span>
            <span class="entry-cover-categories"><?php echo x_ethos_post_categories(); ?></span>
            <span class="entry-cover-date"><?php echo get_the_date( 'F j, Y' ); ?></span>
          </div>
        </a>
      </article>

<?php }

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

thank you! the endurance caching was the issue!

I am so happy thank you so much!

Hey @BlakeM,

You’re most welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

Cheers.