Background image no showing after upgrading

Hi,

I’ve recently updated the file permissions and then manually updated my staging site (Wordpress, Cornerstone, X ) - in preparation of me attempting to migrate to a staging site on my clients hosting - and its now showing a variety of errors.

The main issues are:

1. Background image won’t display. I can change the colour in X Theme Options but nothing happens when I use the pattern or image background options.
  2. Post archive pages don’t display any posts.
  3. Google fonts not displaying except for only the homepage.
  4. Ninja Table not showing on live site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Ben

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
As we don’t have access to your site can’t really confirm what could be exactly happening in your end.
I would like to suggest you a few troubleshooting to check if that fixes your issue.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide the following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Thanks Basanta,

I’ll go through your suggestions and then if problems still persist I’ll provide logins.

Cheers
Ben

Hey @BCGDI,

Regretfully, you missed to follow number 1 in the list @basanta gave. You’re still using an old version of Cornerstone. X and Cornerstone updates come in pairs and if one of them is not up to date, issues are likely to happen. Please check our Changelog for the latest versions.

Your background issue (#1) isn’t likely caused by version compatibility though. Looks like it’s caused by a recent conflict withe Slider Revolution and the Parallax background. Fortunately, there’s temporary fix for that, please add this code in Theme Options > CSS

.x-slider-container {
    z-index: 1;
}

Please stay tuned for updates and see our Changelog if this issue has been fixed. You can then remove the temporary fix.

For the rest of the issues, please update Cornerstone first.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thats strange. I followed the steps to update Cornerstone manually via ftp suggested on the Setup- Updating Your Themes and Plugins page.
I tried updating through the Plugins page in WP admin but it kept failing.

I also added the css to the theme options and it still is not showing the background image.

Cheers
Ben

Hi Ben,

It seems that you have the theme installation validated so you do not have to manually X and Cornerstone through FTP.

Kindly do the update in Wordpress Admin > Dashboard > Updates.

Hope this helps.

I did try that thanks Jade. As i said before the updates kept failing which is why I had to try and do it manually.

Ben

Hello There,

I can confirm that you cannot update Cornerstone. When you do, it will just result to this error message:
...This error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error. View more information » Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles: 294807.

I recommend that you deactivate Cornerstone and delete it. Go to X > Validation page and it will install the bundled Cornerstone plugin in the theme which is version 3.2.4.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks Rue,

Unfortunately, that didn’t work either so I’ve had to contact my hosting provider and they’ve acknowledged the problem is at their end. They’ve estimated between 24-48hrs turn around to fix it ?!
Will let you know how it goes once they’ve done what they need to do.

Cheers
Ben

Let us know how it goes, Ben.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.