Background image fade too fast (cont.)

thanks for writing in. but what you say is not the case. the fade ist far too sudden.

please have a look here: https://ganzheitlichepraxis.de

this used to be a slow nice fade. now i set it to 12sec and it still fades in 1sec. this is not an optical illusion!

also it used to work just fine. one of the updates must have broken it.

i really think this is not a minor bug and you should fix it asap. i have a couple of pages where this problem persists.

thanks for listening! best wishes, kai

Hi @iTurtle,

Thanks for reaching out.

The topic will auto-close after 10days without reply. But I checked and it’s not fixed, according to our issue tracker. And yes, it could be not a minor so it may need more attention. Unfortunately, I don’t have any news about it but maybe it will be included in the fixes related to design and layout. I’m not fully sure.

Thanks!

hi rad,
thanks for your reply!
so do you acknowledge that there is a problem/bug then?
because in the first threat you (not you… :wink: ) said that this is an optical illusion…
thanks again, kai

Hey Kai,

It was me who said that and I was referring to the Classic Slider because you said it’s also happening to the said element so I tested and that’s what I found.

I said nothing about the Background Image Fade Animation which my colleagues already replicated and reported. That is the main issue you opened and is the case for your site: https://ganzheitlichepraxis.de

That Background animation issue was acknowledged as a bug.

If the problem persists with the Classic Slider in your site, please open a separate thread and we’ll investigate and report if a bug is found separately in order to avoid confusion. The background image also does not use Flexslider which the Classic Slider element uses.

Thanks.

hey christian,
thanks for coming back to this issue.
actually the same problem persists with the x-slider element.
to make it more obvious i used black and white paceholder images.
the slider ist still set to 5sec and the slide to 7sec to display.
i think it is obvious that these are not 5 seconds. more like 2.
please have again a look. see the secure note.
thanks, kai

Hello Kai,

I have checked your site and I can see that you see 16500ms for the duration and 12750 for the fade animation. The fade animation will only accept less than a few seconds because during the fade, the image changes at there is no merging of two images while it fades. Longer fade animations may result to a white blank background image which is why shorter time is preferred.

Hope this helps.

hi rue,
thanks for your reply!
i set the fade now back to 5000ms and it fades now under 1 second (estimated).
it is not working!
regards, kai

Thanks for creating a separate thread, Kai. I’ll answer there.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.