Background image fade doesn’t work anymore

hi there,
i found an oder topic regarding this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/background-image-fade-doesnt-work/35899
my time was set to 4750ms. setting it now to 5000ms does not help. the pictures are changing almost instantly. not nice. any idea how this can be fixed?
thanks a lot! kai

Hi There,

I’ve just check your website and the background fade is working fine.

Could you please tell us which browsers and OS you’re using?

Many thanks.

hi thai,
thanks for your reply!
your video shows the problem nicely. the fade is closer to 0.5sec than to 5sec.
the fade is far too fast!
please also do not post the video here. i gave you the link to this website as a secure note for a reason.
thanks a lot! kai

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  6. Turn off all the cache plugins.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

dear thai,
thanks for your reply.
but this is not acceptable not the support i am used to from theme.co.
first you don’t read my question properly then you send me a out-of-the-box list how to fix common issues with a wordpress site.
you put me here through a lot of work for this problem with an - from my point of view - very unsure outcome. probable none.
i have not changed a thing on that website (and another one). this problem was not there before.
others had this issue before me (see my first post) and there seems to be a bug in x. so please pass this thread on to the next support level. thanks a lot! kai

Hello Kai,

I did some checking and I am able to replicate this issue on my local setup as well.

I have readded this to our issue tracker so that our developers will be aware of it.

Thank you.

hi jade,
thanks a big lot for checking a little!
how will i know when the issue is fixed?
best wishes, kai

You’re welcome, Kai.

We always post a detailed information about the new features and bug fixes in our changelog when there is a new release:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thank you.

hi jade, thanks a lot! i will just wait for the next update and read the changelog then :wink: best wishes, kai

Thanks again for understanding!

I also have an issue with background fade.
If i try to disable the fade using the value 0 in the (ms) field. It does not disable the fade effect, so when changing pages it is annoying to see the image fade in again.
I have a single image set as background in the theme options, have checked that the single pages have empty fade options.
The image is being served by cloudinary and not locally.

I use X in some sites, and this is the first time i noticed this effect.

Hi Brigham,

It seems to be related but unfortunately, there is no temporary workaround. Please stay tuned for future updates regarding this.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.