Background - Featured Image

Hi,

I’ve been trying to figure out if there’s any way to do what I’m about to type down:

So the above image is actually an entire section with a lower background image and an upper background color. Now, since this is a part of a template, I’ve been wondering if there’s any way - and considering the background image that I put into each page is also the Featured Image in all of my Review post types - if there’s any way I don’t need to repeat this action twice, and if the Featured Image can also double up as automatically reflecting on the background image.

Thanks,
Ankit

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by Pro. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. Pro is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

It’s an uphill task finding a solution on my own as the only person who’s been behind the website for ages, but thanks anyway. Maybe I’ll have to take web development classes at some point and a year or so later I should have solved this issue myself, perhaps.

Hi again,

We’re really sorry you’re having trouble with this, regretfully this involves custom development which is outside the scope of support we can offer. You can checkout Global Blocks https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/global-blocks/24723 this may help in your case.

Hope this helps!

Hi Nabeel,

To make my templates Global Block ready I’d still have to give it some amount of automation. It’s fine though, you guys tried at the very least.

Thanks

You’re welcome and thank you for understanding, Ankit. Check out our latest status report especially about the Directive Parsing. In the future, what you want to achieve might be possible.

I just read it - I missed out on directive parsing the last time I skimmed through the report, and if this is actually what I think it is, it’s going to be able to pull up more than just the featured image; it could be the name of the author, or custom taxonomies, or even images and image captions to go with!

Alright, I’ll slog for a few months till I see this change. There’s a very high possibility of not using shortcodes for author-names and the likes in the future. Bright future!

Thanks Ankit for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.