Background does not show on subsequent pages

Since the last few updates, my background has disappeared on all but my initial page and another where I added it back in. I’ve tried everything to get it to show on other pages. I can see it if I’m logged in to the backend, but it doesn’t show for users not logged into my site.

Thanks for the info regarding the script that was creating the problem. I believe I put that in when I was trying to add a Facebook box, and I forgot to delete it when I decided not to. I’ve removed the script and dumped my cache, and optimized the site, but the problem remains. What else do you suggest?

Thanks for your help with this.

Cheers,

Bonita

August 22nd: I can’t seem to find a way to reply directly to your note. There’s no button to do so. The link you gave me shows up blank, and I still have the same problem with the background. It worked fine until an upgrade to the theme. Then, the background became a problem.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If your site is under CloudFlare, please read this article (https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/).

If this does not work, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in “secure note” so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi There,

I Can see the background with orange mountains on every page.

Please clean your browser cache and test it again.

Thank you

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Did you happen to removed the url in the secure note? Could you please update it so that we can check it again?

Best Regards.

Hi there,

There is a javascript error and it says “jQuery is not defined” which shouldn’t be since jQuery is Wordpress’ core library.

I can’t tell why it’s throwing that error but I do see that your site is behind the caches. Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I see that you updated the secure note but the credentials are incorrect. Please provide the correct one and please disable your cache plugin.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials. I can see you have added the following code on X > Launch > Options > JS.

<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
   var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
   if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.8&appId=1311766308871481";
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Please note that this part only accept JS code without script tag. The html part and the script tag cause an error thus disrupt other functions that is using JS too. Please remove that and add those code instead using a child theme. See this guide on how to setup a child theme:

Then to add the code on you child theme, see this guide:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

It’s because of your cache, clearing it won’t take effect immediately. Please check now.

Thanks!

Yes, please check it and make sure to clear your browser cache too. The background image is now working, this is what I’m seeing now.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Please add your responses in standard reply instead of adding it in a secure note, it’s better for tracking of what’s been done. You only need to add sensitive information in the secure note.

Sorry about the screenshot as looks like uploading images in the forum have an expiration. I’m providing it here again through dropbox.

The issue is because Backstretch (responsible for backgrounds) function isn’t working due to jQuery being undefined, and it’s now working okay in all my browsers.

Thanks.

Please check @Rad’s screenshot. There is a background. But, he is logged in.

In the front-end (not logged in), I see it does not have a background because of the error in backstretch background script which is powered by X. Though the error is with the script in X, it doesn’t mean it’s the culprit or the cause of the issue.

I see you have a combined and cached minified js file (see Secure Note). This could cause script conflicts.

I know you said you cleared cache including browser cache many times but your caching plugin might be too aggressive. With that said, please clear all caches again and remove your caching plugin completely. Simply deactivating and uninstalling caching plugins does not completely remove them from your WP system. They will leave left over files and settings that could cause issues.

Have you also tried testing for a plugin conflict? You can do that by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.