Backend Inaccessible: Envira 1.7.0.2 + Cornerstone 2.1.4 Conflict

same here, somehow Envira Gallery got deactivated during an update (of Pro?) and reactivating it shows white page with backend inaccessible. Getting the following error in the logs:
Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function envira_get_galleries() in …/plugins/envira-gallery/envira-gallery.php:509
Stack trace:
#0 …/pro/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/envira-gallery.php(23): Envira_Gallery->get_galleries()
#1 …/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(58): CS_Envira_Gallery->controls()
#2 …/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(72): Cornerstone_Element_Base->load_controls()
#3 …/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php(283): Cornerstone_Element_Base->model_data()
#4 …/pro/cornerstone/in…
', referer: https://www…/wp-admin/update.php?action=upload-plugin

Versions:
Wordpress: 4.8.2
Pro: 1.2.4
Envira Gallery: 1.7.0.2 (with license)

I have the same problem. Can´t access the wordpress-backend. It is very frustrating.
Is there a fix?

To gain access to the wordpress-backend I have to delete the envira folder?

Hey guys I manaeged to get an older version of Cornerstone from a backup i had back in September.

I tried it and I can work normally again with Envira.

Heres the link for those who are desperate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzzaG7-6gMlXY0dna1lwTnJSSlU

Come on Themeco!!! I have multiple sites that are broken because of this update.

I have the same big problem.
We urgently need the elimination of this deficiency!

Really need a fix for this too. I made 186 Envira Galleries for a client site last week all with fiddly little differences in the metadata which I’ve been applying manually. (yeah it’s as bad as it sounds).

I started getting the error on Sunday 29. Error 500 only appearing on the backend but particularly on Envira. I’ve found that in between errors if I clear the cache I can go into the galleries and make changes. It saves metadata (I’ve got to individually link all the images to product variations - don’t ask!) If I try and update the gallery itself though I get the Error 500 but at least the metadata is saved. Error shows up intermittently in other parts of site, usually after I’ve been making a fresh attempt to get something done on EG but can be fixed by deleting cache which fortunately I can do in one click from top WP toolbar. But having this extra step each time I go into a gallery to do the links is horrendous, I’ve still got about 120 to do.

Does anyone know of a gallery plug in that would allow me to export my Envira galleries to another Gallery plug in? I can see options for importing into it but not exporting and I really don’t want to lose all that work again, this particular site is extremely labour intensive.

X guys, we really really need a fix for this. I took the functions.php code to my host and asked them to look but they said they weren’t sure where they should put it in functions.php and didn’t want to get involved basically. I stuck it on the end of what I’ve got there now which is a bunch of stuff to make WooCommerce do things myself but got Error 500 on whole site so had to take it out.

I installed the new version of X/Cornerstone because I really want the content modal features for this site so don’t much want to dial back. Really like the new version features. But honestly this hassle is unacceptable, got a business to run and all that.

So had this happening on one of our sites. Not sure what the proper way of fixing this would be but a quick work around at the moment would be to edit the envira_gallery.php inside of the envira gallery plugin

on line 687 you will see this

$type = Envira_Gallery_Shortcode::get_instance()->get_config( 'type', $data );

Here is how it should look when you are done

try{
  $type = Envira_Gallery_Shortcode::get_instance()->get_config( 'type', $data );
}catch(Exception $e){
  //echo nothing
}

What I am doing here is catching the unhandled exception and ignoring it all together.

WARNING: This is editing a plugin and when it updates this fix will go away also executing this incorrectly could break the plugin. Please proceed with caution. However; this will handle the issue until Themeco can release a fix.

Sincerely,

I’m successfully running Cornerstone 2.1.3 and Envira 1.7.0.2 together (without the previous functions code fix provided by Envira). Updating to Cornerstone 2.1.4 is what breaks things for me. In my testing, updating to X 5.2.3 doesn’t appear to present any issues.

For me, I lucked out by being able to roll my site back to the backup I performed just prior to installing them.

It’s not a solution to the current issue, but I recommend using this plugin when modifying functions.php: https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

It checks the validity of the code and won’t implement it if finds an error. So, it does a good job of preventing changes from bringing your site down.

Also, in case your uncomfortable with custom code, getting rid of this file in the cornerstone directory solved the problem, though probably not able to access envira galleries through cornerstone now, which I can certainly live without as shortcode works fine:

… plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/envira-gallery.php

thank you, I will try that when I buck up courage to try and deal with this again. for the moment concentrating on other tasks in the hope that Themeco will sort this out properly sooner rather than later.

I’m also thankful I’m not alone here, but really hoping for a fix soon!

Thanks you very much, i removed the file “envira-gallery.php” from _alternate foder and its working again.

I really don’t understand how this is possible, its the second time in a few days that all my backends with envira are broken. This is ridiculous and not serious at all. From now i am switching to another multi purpose theme for my clients, i keep having problems with X since the release of Pro. i was using it for a long time but i can’t rely on it anymore, too much bugs like this ! Really depressing and nerve wracking.

Thanks @seffect, this temporary solution helped.
I hope @Themeco turns up with a fix real soon.

Hi there,
I’ve got the same issue. @seffect do you know a similar solution for pro? since cornerstone-pugin does not exist there.
thanks!

EDIT:
Found it in pro/cornerstone/…

i re-installed the Envira Gallery Plugin by the Wordpress-Plugin-Database itself, works flawless.

Not the perfect Solution, but Themeco hasn’t a fix for now!

Just dropping back to let you know @seffect I tried this and it does work - thank god! I just renamed it by putting a couple of xx’s in front of the envira-gallery.php

But what’s really cool as well is that you inadvertently gave me an idea that will save me so much time with the job I have ahead - it will be much easier to add my 186 galleries from shortcodes than from Cornerstone’s dropdown anyway.

Result! Thank you again.

Many thanks to @seffect
Workaround effectively solves the issue.

Hey guys,

We’re very sorry for this inconvenience. I experienced this in my test site too. We acknowledge this is a bug and this has been submitted in our issue tracker. Could you first try working in incognito browser? If that doesn’t help, you can continue with the temporary fix. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.