Back up doesn't show on front page

Hello buddies

I found some topics related to those issues but the solutions didn’t work for me.
My website was gone few days ago because of some conflit with another platform i am using.
I reinstalled everything and downloaded a back up of my site I did, but even if the back office shows everything the front is not displaying all elements.

Could it be because I got an older version of the theme on my back up and it crated conflict ?
Thanks a lot for your help

Hello Camille,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you are experiencing a fatal error in your site. We need to find out what this error all about. Please enable the debug mode. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. And to better assist you with your issues, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Dear support

Thanks for your reply, we setp up the website again and now it is ok.
Except that there are still differences between the front and the back.

You can check for exemple : home page 1 paragraphe : we are normally word in strong mark but doesn’t show it.

Could you help?

Hey Camille,

I see that this is your first paragraph and it contains bold/strong text.

It’s the same in the builder.

What’s different is your 1st headline.

Builder Preview:

Frontend Output:

That’s happening because of the h1 tags wrapping your text. That is not needed or in fact incorrect because the Base Tag is already h1. Because of the auto-correct feature of the builder preview, that those h1 tags are removed. The frontend display though will display your content outside of the base tag that is why the builder settings don’t take effect.

The solution for that is either remove the h1 tags or change the base tag to div.

Hope that helps.

Yes apparently, it’s actually working on safari but not on chrome.
You will not see the bold writing…

Hey Camille,

I changed the base tag to div and corrected the HTML syntax and now it’s working fine in Chrome as well, you have two different pages for different languages and i have done it on both pages. Please test your homepage in Chrome.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, I actually saw that.
My concern and trouble was actually not on the header but the first paragraphe line …

for you to understand, on the english version (and french as well)

Our expertise
SP SEARCH is a recruiting firm specialized since 2003 in the executive search for professionals working in the Web, IT and Digital. We support our clients in France and internationally with the search, the selection, the integration of Executives, Managers, Technical Experts, Engineers, Sales and Support functions.

Some words are normally with speclal design or bold and it doesn’t show.
Pretty strange

Hi Camille,

The currently selected font doesn’t support Mac Chrome’s <strong></strong>. Please select another font and it will work okay :slight_smile:

And as per checking, I don’t see any declaration of google font or custom font related to Geneva. Which I guess, the font isn’t really there and you just applied it. If it’s not added by google font (or other font provider) nor custom @font-face, then you shouldn’t use it.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.