Back End not same as Front End

Hi I am new to X Theme I do have another thread on here but it was related to saving although I wrote about this problem in the reply but maybe I bumped myself down?? Anyway this problem is driving me crazy as I have some time to work on my blog but am spending all my time trying to go through the support threads to no avail.

I am creating a post. I create a new section then put the element either headline or text into the row. I then copy and paste my text from a word document into the html text box provided that says text here then using the text style and text format I change the font, size and colour to all things I have saved in settings and it all looks great in edit mode. When I press preview all the formatting disappears and I just have black writing, large headings, small body text. I have included one list element so far and the icons and headings in this come up in the colour I selected. What am I doing wrong? I have not published yet, this is all in draft mode.

I have increased my PHP in wp-config.php, cleared the caches and have not added any other code other than to increase the PHP. Please Help.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for writing in!
As e don’t have access to your website admin, so can’t confirm what exactly happening there.
Also you have increase your memory and no result. Please follow these steps too.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Yes I have done all of this except the htaccess thing. This is a brand new site there were no plugins or extra CSS etc this is my first post and what I am experiencing is the advanced options in inspector are not adding any code to my html text. Rich text format does and all formatting in rich text immediately shows up on my front end page. When I use text style and text format it changes it in the editor preview but not when I press the button to see what it would look like live - the front end page. The post is still a draft and is not published to my site. I will send through what you need in a secure message but am unsure of what FTP credentials are? I will have to look it up. Need help fast as I really wanted my first post up today as it is finished in microsoft word and just needs to be formatted using cornerstone.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the details!
I logged on to your site and didn’t find any post in draft.
I created a test post and added Text element with sample content.
Edited it with a text editor and its working fine. You can check the test post which is already there in the draft.

Hope this works in your end too.

Thanks

Yes I know that text editor works but I do not want to use the rich text option. I have used the advanced editor options to create background colours, borders and different text fonts and sizes and specific colours that I have saved in my colour settings and all this is showing in my post in the cornerstone editor. I was about to update my post to say that I have published what I have of the post so that something would be on the site when you checked so it will no longer be in draft but in published. There is only one post in total on the site.

Here is a screen shot of what my post looks like in the editor, and this is the menu I am using to edit my text. The problem is that it is not only the text but also borders and background colours not appearing on the front end as in the second screen shot which shows just black and white text.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for updating the thread!
Ans sorry for the confusion!
Look like the theme file may have corrupted. Can you please confirm if you have added any custom CSS or JS to your theme?
If not please delete the theme and cornerstone and re-install a fresh copy of the theme.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

Thanks

No I have not added anything other than changing a number to increase the php memory and that was after this happened. If I uninstall will I lose the work I have already done - I had a feeling this would be the next step.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for updating the thread!

The content should affect if you delete the theme and cornerstone.
To be on the safe side please take a backup and delete/reinstall the theme and cornerstone.

Hope this helps!

I had another support thread going and it was suggested to go back a PHP version so some testing could be done they found errors in CSS. After changing the PHP version to 7.2 instead of 7.3 the front end is now accepting changes and is working. Thank you for all your trouble.

You are most welcome!
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.