Azure - Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

What is the WPBakery Page Builder???

Hi @bteague28,

They should work and compatible if it’s not too complex (content and composition of the site). I’m just saying that issues may appear depending on your existing setup from those old versions. That’s why we recommend doing it on staging and it’s a common practice, but I’m not forcing you to do that :slight_smile: , it’s just my personal recommendation.

WPBakery is a visual composer, I just mentioned it in case the shortcode you’re seeing is from them.

As for the endpoint, we did provide and it’s available from your forum dashboard and they are STABILITY RELEASE versions. But since you’re coming from very old versions, some Major differences are unavoidable. We did add backward compatibility but of course, just to give time for transitions so users will not be forced, but it’s not permanent and has to go (for allotted time) for security and performance. Even PHP and Wordpress have deprecated features that break theme and plugins, so the rest should follow including our theme and plugins.

Back to the issue, what shortcodes you’re seeing? Though, it will be harder to troubleshoot since you don’t have a working copy as you didn’t use a staging that we could use for comparison.

Thanks!

Wow, I went ahead and switched back to the old Theme. Now, every one of my custom CSS entries is now missing!!! I spent a lot of time and effort painstakingly adding CSS entries to dial this in. This is the worst upgrade experience I’ve ever had!!! You put absolutely no thought into how to upgrades are supposed to work. Unbelievable!!!

Hi @bteague28,

I still recommend doing it in your staging, restore your site to when it’s still working and create a staging from it. Then do the update on the staging and fix the issues.

Thanks!

Where are my CSS entries???

Hi @bteague28,

That’s WPBakery shortcodes, please follow the previous recommendation by toggling on the X Integration. And make sure your WPBakery plugin (the visual composer) is updated and active as well, as you already have updated the theme and cornerstone.

As for the CSS, I’m not sure since you don’t have a working site to compare it with, staging is still recommended. But new CSS section should be available in X > Theme Options > CSS instead Customizer of the old version of the theme.

Thanks!

I checked the box to make Visual Composer use legacy code, but it’s not working. The website is completely and totally messed up. Can someone contact me via email or phone to get this fixed? This is completely unacceptable!!!

Looks like X – Shortcodes no longer works and I can not Activate it. How do I get the same look and feel without the Shortcodes???

X – Shortcodes
Activate | Delete
This plugin is required to run X as it includes all of our shortcode functionality, which is tightly integrated into the theme.

Version 3.0.5 | By Themeco | Visit plugin site

I’ve defaulted back to the old website. The custom CSS is missing and the video no longer pops on the front page. I created a staging site, but I have no idea how to use CornerStone to make it look like my current site. This is a really, really bad experience!!! I used to love Theme X.

Here is the staging site. I’ve add x_ to the short codes.

Hi @bteague28,

Please note that x-shortcode plugin is being replaced with cornerstone plugin in the new version of the theme. You don’t need to add x_ to the shortcodes, all shortcodes from x-shortcodes should still work with cornerstone.

I checked your live site and can see that you have the latest version of cornerstone but did not update your theme. These are incompatible versions and could be causing the issues in your site.

Please update your theme manually to the latest version X 6.3.8.

You might need to update your plugins as well. Please check our compatibility page

With regards to your staging, I would like to check but it requires me to login.

Thanks

Here is what the dev site looks like. LOL I can’t upload a small .png file to your site, so I went ahead and uploaded it to my website.

You will notice in the bottom left-hand corner the actual short code is showing. It’ showing because it does not have an x_ in front of it.

Anyway, the staging site won’t work at all unless I use x_ in front of the short codes.

I already upgraded to 6.3.8 and none of my short codes would work.

This is such a bad experience!!!

Hi,

Sorry for the back and forth, to better assist you with this issue.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks

Sorry, I don’t think we are there yet and for security reasons I can’t give you those credentials. Can you copy and past my code (see above) into your test site to see if it works?

CornerStone Version 3.3.8 won’t validate. I have deleted and re-installed the Plugin and it still won’t validate. I am on the latest version of WordPress, using the latest version of Theme X. This is so frustrating!!!

I went ahead and deleted the Theme and CornerStone. Now, when I try to re-install CornerStone, I’m getting this error.

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cs_generate_data_attributes() (previously declared in D:\home\site\wwwroot\wp-content\plugins\tco-video-lock\functions\includes\cs\helpers.php:4) in D:\home\site\wwwroot\wp-content\plugins\cornerstone\includes\utility\helpers.php on line 177

I’m trying to think back to a time when I’ve had a worse experience with a piece of software and an upgrade. This is such a bad experience!!! I will no longer be recommending X to others.

I deactivated the Video Lock Plugin and I was able to Activate CornerStone and I noticed that when CornerStone is running without Theme X being Active, it asks for the key.

I entered both keys that I have and none of them worked. I then activated the new Theme X and it asked for a key. It accepted my key and then gave a waring about CornerStone. I then tried to Activate CornerStone and it waits for a bit and then display the main Theme X Add-on page.

It seems like my key and api key are not working with CornerStone. Please let me know what I need to do.

Wow, I finally got this to work. There were lots of problems, but the main problem was that the manual upload process created a directory structure like this. The Theme would still activate and appear to be working.

/site/wwwroot/wp-content/themes/x/x

It needs to look like this.

/site/wwwroot/wp-content/themes/x

Hope this helps someone else.

Glad you’ve sorted it out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.