Awesome font errors

Hi,

What have you changed about the fonts in X that I’m getting errors when I test page speeds, please?

The following requests are returning 404/410 responses:

x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.7.0

x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.7.0

x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.7.0

I never mess with anything like this, but use X as it comes. What have you changed that has caused this and can you fix it with an update, please?

Thanks,

Steve

Hey Steve,

A long time ago or several versions back, we have upgraded Font Awesome to version 5. That is a necessary improvement. You can read more about that in our previous Relase Note and Changelog.

That error your seeing is most probably coming from a custom CSS or an icon in your page is using the old structure. Please read the Release Note and Changelog and update the icons accordingly.

Here’s how Font Awesome is used in X, Cornerstone and Pro now.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the info. It must be just one or two icons causing the trouble, but I’m not sure where they are. Is there an easy way to find them, please?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I have checked both sites that are associated on your account and I don’t see that FontAwesome issue on my end. More likely a caching related, please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, WP Rocket, LiteSpeed, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

Hi Friech,

I regularly clear the cache, so I don’t think that’s the problem, but I’ll monitor the issue. Thanks for your help.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Do reach out to us when you need more help. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.