Autoupdate not working?

With the release of Pro 1.1.1, my X dashboard / overview is showing that 1.1.1 is the latest release, but is not enabling me to automatically update to the latest version. I would prefer not having to manually update for each release. Any way to fix this?

Hello,

Ensure that you`re following these steps: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

1 Like

Hi John, yes I’m following all the steps mentioned in that page, but “automatic updates” is not working. The idea is that I do want to have to manually update the theme via FTP, every time an update is released.

I do have other plug-ins, specifically a caching plug-in, WP Rocket, but even when I clear its cache and deactivate that plug-in, I’m still unable to update Pro from within Wordpress. It is not displaying a link to download the new update, but it does show that I do not have the latest version. see image:

I can confirm that in my development environment, I’m not experiencing this issues, but I want to be able to automatically update on the main public site.

Thanks so much.

Have you tried clicking the Check Again button?

Thanks.

Yes, unfortunately update still doesn’t show up to download.

Hi there,

It seems to be really a problem of the cache plugin but I’m not sure why even purging the cash is not working for you, would you please kindly give us your WordPress dashboard login credentials using the secure note functionality of the post for further investigation?

We will try to check for caches and any kind of third-party plug-in conflict. I also wonder if it is this version which has such a problem or you have always this problem on your environment.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Christopher. I updated my last reply with a secure note.
I may have always had this issue on my environment, so it would be nice to determine the root cause.

Hi There,

I have disabled your WP Rocket plugin temporarily. Could you please try revoking your license and re-validate to see if that resolves your issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks. Yes, I just removed and re-installed WP Rocket. However, I’m still experiencing the same issue. As mentioned, I have the same set-up installed on a development / staging website, but I’m not experiencing the issue with auto-update not working on the dev. site.

Please advise further, thanks.

Hey There,

I did some fiddling around and managed to get Pro to 1.1.1 and you should be all set now. If the problem happens again with a future update feel free to reach out to us at any time!

Thanks Rubin. Updated and I’ll keep you posted for the next release.

Thank you!

Hi @rubin,

I seem to have the exact same problem as FilmLA. Can you share how you managed to solve the problem?

Thank you!

Hi There,

Please try to revoke your url from your themeco license page, re-assign and assign again your license on wp admin X

If that does not work,please open a new thread, explain your issue briefly provide your login credentials in a secure note also your validation code.

Thank you

1 Like