Autoupdate from 5.2.5 to 6.0.4 not working

Hi there,

I seem to be stuck on version 5.2.5 and autoupdate is not working. I’ve already followed the instructions in this similar thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/autoupdate-not-working/3372

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there,

I recommend doing a manual update since it’s a multi site. Theme update is only available in the network admin, and X theme automatic update is only available if X theme is active. Then since theme update is in network admin where X theme is inactive, then you’ll not get the update notice.

Thanks!

Hi thanks for your reply but I’m not sure I follow your third sentence. Do you mean that I will never be able to autoupdate when using mutlisite? If so when manually updating does any of the content I’ve made break?

Some background: despite having multisite enabled for the moment I do not intend to build more than one site (amazonasclean.gr). The website is essentially a blank canvas so I don’t mind breaking things.

I’ve tried to completely remove and reinstall X. However it appears that I’m unable to delete X. The network admin interface asks me if I’m sure, shows “Deleting…” but never actually does anything.

In case it’s related I no longer have an “X” section in the site admin of amazonasclean.gr, but I do have a cornerstone section which I did not previously have.

How would I go about completely removing X and reinstalling?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes, auto-update will not work, but for the theme only since it can’t be activated in the network admin (root).

And no, your content will stay the same with manual update. But please note that regardless (auto or manual), there is a chance to break your site due to feature gaps and incompatibilities of newer versions. Hence, I recommend cloning the live site into staging site and do the update there ( auto or manual ) and test it first.

And please delete and install your theme through FTP. Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 (Manual Updates). You have better control with FTP since you can backup files before deleting or overwriting in.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thanks for your help! I re-did the manual method via FTP and everything seems to be running now.

BTW a quick question: I’m using Windows and the x.zip file has two subfolders: x and _MACOSX. No doubt the archive was built on a Mac. I presume that the x subfolder should be uploaded rather than it’s parent, which contains both x itself and the OS X resource forks? Or does it not matter in the slightest?

Hi There,

You need to upload X directory to your theme folder (/wp-content/themes/).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.